Permissions problem adding Plugin key

LandyLover

I have purchased the MHEG5 engine and wish to unlock it, but the Keytool is telling me that I don't have permission.

I have tried logging on as administrator , I have tried running as administrator, but it always reports the same thing.

Any suggestions !

Yes, I've seen that link already and it implies that MHEG5 CAN change the volume, not that it does.

Are you telling me, that whenever I change to a channel that has MHEG5, the volume will always jump to 100%.

Please note that this does not seem to happen on a set top box that I have.

Could an option be added to disallow MHEG5 access to changing the volume

It is in this particular case part of the BBC Application. You can see what the engine does by starting the DVBViewer in -debug mode. There is a lot of interaction between tv and mheg. I suppose mostly because it's possible to change the audiostream as well as playing ads or whatever. Mheg for instance can replace the Videooutput by an own I-Frame or in case of the I-Player even complete videostream read from the www.

As i said, i'm open minded for any suggestion - but please lets ease it down a bit. You did not just brought a version which can not be updated in the future :)

Christian,

Sorry if you think my remarks were too strong, apologies if you did. DVBViewer is excellent and your dedication to it is even more impressive.

I am a total DVBViewer advocate, and I am simply trying to provide some feedback on what I accept is a brand new module/concept. I also realise that the Freesat MHEG5 implementation is a little undocumented.

I am just curious, if MHEG5 can take over the volume, then if the BBC are setting this volume to 100%, why does the set top box that I own, ignore this. I was suggesting, that if this is a problem for more people than myself, then a workaround could be to ignore the MHEG5 wolume change (I can't see why you would want an application to change the volume anyway, I like to be in charge of something

No need for excuses, i just meant lets collect some sort of suggestions, but before this try to note it down somewhere. Right now it is hard to split the incoming requests into "bug" or "feature" resp. intended to be.

I temporarily disabled the volume command (for the next release), but i suppose this might be used on other parts to enable the audio after the mute function has been called. There are multiple side effects expected, this is why i tried to implement all kind of callbacks from the mheg engine (except the streaming related things, which are not integrated yet) in order to avoid possible problems.

Since testing in our case is limited to the streams we collected in the past and the Multytext application from Technisat it is a bit complicated to test every kind of possible situations. If there is some misbehaviour we can fix it in the near future, at least if we get our hands on samples, in order to do so :whistle:

Christian

Is this a hint ?

if so, I know there was a thread a while back about capturing this for you, (using a special version of transedit), do I still need that version ?