DVBViewer Pro 4.80 and serious problems using the Favorites feature

amirhs

Hi, all,

I just upgraded to DVBViewer Pro V4.80 -- was using V4.60.1. Over the past couple of years and with various DVBViewer releases I'd generated a comprehensive list of favorite channels, organized in various subfolders on the Channels menu. However, as I upgraded to V4.80, pasted my Favourites.bak and Favourites.xml files in \CMUV\DVBViewer (along with a few other files for my channel lists and pre-defined keyboard shortcuts), and started DVBViewer, I noticed that some of my favorite channels were missing from several subfolders. This is serious by its own; however, the more serious issue is that I can no longer add those channels to my favorites list via the Favourites editor dialog. That is, as I tune in to one of those missing channels, bring up the Favourites dialog via a defined hot key, press CTRL+F for Edit Fav., press Tab once, select a subfolder, and press F5 or CTRL+A to add the current channel to that subfolder, nothing gets added to the list. The channel can't be added to other subfolders either. The baffling point is that this only affects the missing channels from the Favorites list, and doesn't affect at least a majority of the channels. Have you experienced this? What might be wrong?

Your help is much appreciated.

vitali5000,

The changelog for V4.80 does indicate that the Favorites feature has been modified in some ways, thereby supposedly generating the issues you and I are experiencing. Hope the 4.60 functionality is restored.

vitali5000,

The changelog for V4.80 does indicate that the Favorites feature has been modified in some ways, thereby supposedly generating the issues you and I are experiencing. Hope the 4.60 functionality is restored.

I do not understand why then did the automatic conversion of the old favorites for the new version.

I have 5000 channels, 100 of them favorites, and only 25 on the list now. : (I am very disappointed by this, that would restore all the re-take a long time.

There is a hotfix 4.8.0.1 online now, perhaps this fixes it (I didn't have problems with 4.8.0.0 but updated anyway).

@vitali5000: If you use Win7 there is a builtin shadow copy feature. Just go to C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer (ProgramData is a hidden folder) and right click the favourites.xml. There should be a tab "previous versions" (german "Vorgängerversionen", don't know how it's called in other languages) to give you older versions of this file, I get "Beginning of the week", "Last week", ... to restore a version before 4.8 upgrade.

Edited by HaraldL

vitali5000,

The more serious issue is that I can't even add those channels to my Favorites list any longer! Will try to see if the above-mentioned hotfix fixes the issues.

@HaraldL

Where's the 4.80.1 hot fix? I can't find it in the Members' area -- am logged in now but neither this nor the 4.80.0 release is there. And, BTW, may I install the hot fix on top of my current 4.80 installation without uninstalling and backing up first?

Sorry for the previous post -- just located today's hot fix. Please let me know if I can install on top of my current installation or I should back up, uninstall, and re-install.

Thanks.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reminder RE the installation.

Just wanted to say that V4.8.0.1 has fixed the favorites-related issues I was experiencing.

Thanks for the quick update!