MHEG mutes ok - but then should unmute on channel change

groovyclam

I am in the UK using DVBViewer 4.8 on WinXP SP3 with a DVB-T USB device.

I suppose this is not strictly a bug but it is very annoying and I would like a fix.

If I tune to a channel with an autostartup MHEG overlay and the MHEG overlay tells the system to mute the sound then DVBViewer does that fine and overything is great.

However if I then tune to a *different* channel the sound is still on mute and I have to manually unmute the sound to start hearing the new channel.

I suggest that DVBViewer should keep a note of the sound level BEFORE an MHEG overlay starts and when a user then leaves that MHEG or tunes to a new channel then the sound level that was set before the MHEG started should be restored automatically.

My problem is a variation on this one. I find that the sound mutes on DVB-T radio channels as soon as MHEG-5 starts working. This is not the normal muting which is described in the first posting and which can be corrected by pressing M. I can't imagine that the MHEG-5 stream from the radio service provider asks for the sound to be turned off! However, the sound does come back on when I tune a TV channel. This turning off of the sound can't be intended by anyone and is clearly a bug.

I have reported this elsewhere but I think that I may not have given enough detail and it may have been assumed to be the same as the problem described in the first posting, which it isn't.

support.zip

I also get this problem as JohnD above.

It isn't really the same as I describe at the top of the thread.

What I describe is an annoying "feature" whereas what JohnD describes is a true BUG and needs fixing.

JohnD - are you in the UK and mean the non-BBC radio channels such as talkSPORT, Smooth Radio, etc. ? That is when I experience your bug.

Yes, I am in the UK. Greetings from sunny West Sussex.

I get the bug on BBC radio channels. But I have now tried the non-BBC channels you mention and I get the same problem.

Hi JohnD - I am in the North West ( Winter Hill Transmitter ) - sorry, I also get the bug on the BBC radio channels as well.

Have you gone through Digital Switchover where you are ? I have ( just in case that is an issue for the bug busters ).

We have not gone through digital switch-over. So we have mixed digital/analogue (steam TV) for another year. (Hang MHEG-5! I like Ceefax.)

I would not have thought that switch-over would be an issue. I would have expected all regions to get the same MHEG-5 content. There isn't even any regional news in this format.

Correction. There is regional news but all regions are broadcast nationwide.

Edited by John D