Internal Task Timer problem

majstang

Changes 1.7 beta

Change: Webinterface: Auto search timer entry removed from the new timer selection. You can use a internal process timer for this now.

The Internal Task Timer (AutoTimer or what ever) does not behave like the old Auto Search Timer. The Internal Task Timer does not end when the actual task is done (AutoTimer should start and stop within a second or two)...it goes on until it reaches the set stop time. If having a large timespan between start and stop time RS gives the impression of being stuck, but it is not. This does not affect recordings or after recording tasks in a bad way, which I first thought to be the case (not in RS 1.7.2 anyway). I'm sure this is not intended behaviour, cuz when executing the AutoTimer direct from Task page it behaves as it should. Would it be possible to fix this behaviour or simply bringing the old Auto Search Timer back?

Edited by majstang

After some more testing the Internal Task Timer (containing the AutoTimer) does not finish when the AutoTimer task is done if weekdays (for repeating) is checked (timer closes when stop time is reached). If unchecking all weekdays the Internal Task Timer finishes when the AutoTimer task is done (no matter if timer duration is the default 30 minutes). This is a bug.

Add: Internal Tasks Timer added. These timers do have a starttime and a duration (defined by the endtime). They will be (like the other special timers) always executed even if they are late for their programmed time. These timers can execute all internal tasks.

the behaviour is intended, because the task may or may not run asynchron.

Ok, then I will bring back the Autosearchtimer from an older config backup and use that one instead from here on. More a fan of the old way I must say ;)