Playback recordings deletes recordings

Toftager

Hey All.

I'll start by saying thanks for a great App, Recordingservice and DVBViewer is deff. worth all the money.

I have a small problem with recordings though. I can schedule recording in the web interface and in the application without any problems.

Playback of the recordings from the webinterface also works, but when i go through the osd, select a recording and press ok, playback does not start, but the recording is deleted. The same happens if I select the context menu and select play.

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if a support.zip is needed, but let me know if it helps.

My setup consists of a HDHomerun (works perfectly) and a always on pc.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Hi Lars

Missed that, I actually thought it streamed the recording the same way the webfront end did. But after setting it up i still have the same problem.

I created a share to the folder where I store recordings and setup everything on the "server" to point to this share.

On the client if I add the UNC path, it works. But then I get the duplicate error, where all recordings are there twice.

If i just add a local folder to the client, the recordings are only listed once, but when i try to play one the recording is deleted. :-/

Strange, but not critical at this time, as I can just stream from the web interface if i'm on my laptop :-)

/Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in same situation. I just don't understand what too do even though I've red the networkable recording folders. Can someone please specify what you have to do on the server and on the client? It is also correct that the client doesn't need recording service right?

I still have the problem :blush:

I tried saving all recordings on a public share where everone has full access, but same problem.

No clue where to go from here :wacko:

/Peter

I found the problem. My recording folder is named "optaget tv" and when I shared it, I named it the same. But when I changed it too "optaget" I could see the recordings on the client. So I think that it was the space that did that it could not be shared properly.

I just verified my setup, the share i'm saving in contains no spaces :mellow:

So I guess thats not the problem here

How have you configured Recorder on the service PC?

The green is the right way, and red the wrong.

Picture