Video size and refresh rate not detected correctly

eagle_eyes

There is a new test channel feed on Astra 1 on 11435 MHz

When looking at the channel - no name SID 6290 it appears blank for a while. then has video but DVBViewer does not detect the size and refresh rate and simply has 0x0 25fps at the bottom of the window.

Any ideas?

Bei dir fehlt der audio_pid. Ohne den will der DVBViewer glaub ich nicht (obwohl es solche fälle auch gibt). Vielleicht testen die und bei @griga war er in der pmt, bei dir aber nicht. Nochmal scannen..

..hm, sehe gerade, dass du anscheinend einen anderen service als @griga meinst. ;)

@Derrick: English!

I've entered the data manually in my channel list, tried to tune it with DVBViewer Filter - nothing. Then with Marfi's Filter - total freeze. Had to reset the PC and additionally the SS2 in the device manager in order to make it work again.

@eagle_eyes: Are we both speaking of Astra 19° East?

*gg* @eagle_eyes, nomen est omen ..du hast eine super entdeckung gemacht, ohne zu wissen, was es ist ;)

Der video stream deines senders ist der erste 720p stream, den ich live (naja, nicht ganz) gesehen habe ;) Da wird @Griga etwas zu knabbern haben, um den im DVBViewer sichtbar zu machen. Ich habe einen kleinen trick gebraucht, weil erst alles abstürzte ;) Als user data steht " MPEG.2.Test.Sequence..50.frames." im stream. Sensationell ;)

Derrick : could you please explain a little bit more what 720p is? Is it a HDTV form ?

yep, 1280x720, 50 frame per second progressive

I´ve always said that this format would be much better for e.g. sport events than 1080i.

Edited by Derrick

Now I've got it. Had Video Only Channels disabled in TransEdit, that's why I coudn't see it.

@Everybody: Don't try to receive it with Marfi's Filter - very hard crash!

I can record it as TS and then play it back as a file - not with the TSPlayer, but in the DVBViewer (after having stopped the recording). The filter graph requires the Elecard Demuxer.

@DerricK: Any other trick?

@eagle_eyes: How do you watch it live?

News:

I can watch it live by using the DVBViewer Filter and then Sonic Cinemaster video decoder (hardware-accelerated) or the Elecard video decoder (not accelerated, stuttering).

Something prevents the DVBViewer from recognizing the video parameters - that's why they aren't displayed correctly. I will analyze it later...

Edited by Griga

@Griga, you already knew what you were looking for ;)

After the DVBViewer and transedit's preview was crashing, I've tuned to the harmless channel, recorded the TS stream and investigated (tsreader etc.) the stream. Seemed to be a high bitrate mpeg stream. After fiddling for a while with the stream without success I remuxed the ts with pj.x to a new ts with the a_pid from the other channel ;) The resulting ts was perfectly playable with elecard.

Now I'm a little bit further and watching live with Altdvb. The missing a_pid I've borrowed again from the other channel though from time to time I have to click and restart the loop at the beginning.

..works perfectly alright with altdvb (exept the restart) and intervideo (25% cpu).

DVBViewer can't be fooled but there's another strange thing. I've imported the channel from transedit and with the DVBViewer the transponder only yields a very low signal (<= 30%) but 100% in altdvb ;)

(100% cos of screenshot with elecard)

Edited by Derrick

I guess there's no sequence header following after the PES header. That's why

- TSPlayer doesn't find a video stream

- VRPlugin doesn't record it as MPG (but as TS)

- DVBViewer doesn't display the video params

- picture stays blank for some time before playback starts

All decoders are searching for it... ;) me too. I'll examine the TS with a hex editor...

Edited by Griga

There's nothing wrong with the stream. The sequence headers are just fine. Just record the ts (without a fake a_pid) and play it back with the elecard player. It takes 100% of cpu load with my p4, 2,66. If I render the file with graphedit I'll get the sonic filter but still about 90% (acc. apparently not working properly). Maybe there's a bug concerning 50 frames/s in the DVBViewer?

Well, as I expected:

- First recording: Within 10 MB pure video no sequence header (00 00 01 B3)

- Second recording: Within 50 MB pure video only one sequence header somewhere 'in between', not right after a PES header

..here's a screenshot from another tool. The TS was recorded with the recorder plugin as I told before. Please make the dvbviewer_demo working, playing just video ;)

Well, as I expected:

- First recording: Within 10 MB pure video no sequence header (00 00 01 B3)

- Second recording: Within 50 MB pure video only one sequence header somewhere 'in between', not right after a PES header

..but that seems to be no fatal mistake. No complaints from my tools.. ..is it possible to change the routine and look for the sequence headers if the elementary stream is marked as video?

And here's the hex dump. Blue = TS packet header, red = PES header, orange = sequence header start. Any idea how this can be found without a lot of unnecessary searching?

47 40 42 1D 00 00 01 E0 00 00 80 C0 0A 31 01 1F

45 5F 11 01 1F 37 4F C4 D2 57 02 65 02 4F FE D4

6C 34 0C 70 09 4A 00 8F 44 D0 30 03 D2 81 27 FF

74 17 59 86 81 80 1E 94 09 3F FB A0 D0 30 03 D0

C0 49 FF DD 5F 2E 9E 0D 25 0B 0C 04 9F FD 8B 01

B0 0F 50 01 1D 66 59 2B 8F 28 2F 41 A0 63 81 34

02 4F FE EA 12 18 CB 3D 43 9C 7D 40 21 00 3A 49

A4 D0 13 18 08 9F F0 19 00 9C 00 EB 82 2F FE 00

C0 12 7F E8 32 5F E4 00 3B 0B 27 37 80 00 00 01

B7 00 00 01 B3 50 02 D0 36 29 81 32 A9 10 11 11

not really ;) but the decoders seem to be unimpressed by this fact and if it's just the missing display of this info i could live with it ;)

I've just made another test with altdvb and the intervideo filter. The fake a_pid is not nessecary. After starting the channel it was 1st displayed as 4/3 and after a couple of seconds it switched to 16/9 ;) ..it's always at the start of a sequence with these exploding frames.

There's one thing left. At the start of the loop there must a discontinuity, but I have to find the right frame.

but the decoders seem to be unimpressed by this fact

They are searching too, at least for some seconds...

What I can do: Add an option to the TSPlayer, letting it accept the video stream as it comes, without searching for a sequence header, and working with default video params.

But I wouldn't let the DVBViewer perform lengthy searching in the live stream... just for one channel.

They are searching too, at least for some seconds...

Imho I'll get a picture within the normal time..

I've found the gop. The picture shows the I frame at the beginning of the loop. The last P frame in front of the I frame is a blue picture of a closed gop.

Edited by Derrick

You were right.. after a restart of the program nothing happens and then suddenly the picture popps up (and stops with the blue screen ;) )

..I call it a day ;)

Wow, @Griga and @Derrick, you had an eventful night!!

I'm decoding live, using DVBViewer filter, Cyberlink decoder on a 3.2GHz P4 with NVidia Geforce FX 5950 graphics card.

My TSReader can see it, not sure why yours couldn't.

Will the DVBViewer filter be updated to correctly identify this format MPEG?

post-7-1092209728_thumb.jpg

Will the DVBViewer filter be updated to correctly identify this format MPEG?

No, I don't think so - unless we get some more channels behaving like this one.

Actually it's not the DVBViewer Filter, but the routine responsible for video format detection. It had to perform a lot of searching, which would be useless in most other cases, in order to find the video sequence header of this channel.

Edited by Griga