Failed to record to network drive

Hi I am using the newest version of recording service with DVBViewer 4.8

I can record in the DVBViewer program directly to a network drive. However, when I use the timer function in recording service web interface, it always refuse to record to network drive and recorded to the public video folder instead. Any clues?

Perhaps timer events are executed under a user account that don't have enough write permissions to the netdrive...

:bye:

Thanks for the input. By system account you mean the account currently logged in?

In fact I have already mapped the network drive on every login using another user name and password combo, is that not good enough?

The problem I see is, whenever I enter the mapped network drive letter, recording service automatically converts it to the network path "ie. \\pc\vid"

P.S. I do not want to enable write access to the blank password htpc "system" account.

Edited by cgcmd
By system account you mean the account currently logged in?
No, the system account is a special account for services. You can't use the system account for the system login.

The problem I see is, whenever I enter the mapped network drive letter, recording service automatically converts it to the network path "ie. \\pc\vid"
Drive mapping is only for the account currently logged in. You can't use drive mapping for the system account. You have to use the UNC path.

Thanks for the clues. Apparently there is no way to allow access to a shared folder with username and password protection using the system account.

• 2 years later...

I have found a workaround by changing the Log On account of the DVBViewer Recording Service in Services from Local System account to your own personal account.

I have only tested this for local machine installation, so this workaround might not work for Recording Service running as server / no users logged in.

Edited by burnduck