How to install a new version ?

pariskypict

Hello to you all.

I have one little question from beginner.

I am currently using version 4.2.1.0 :blink:

I just received (thank you for your speed) the key to download and install a newer version.

My question:

do I uninstall the old version before or do I start the installation directly by choosing the same directory?

Thank you in advance.

(sorry, I used google translation)

I normaly uninstall an previous DVBV version. While the uninstall you will be asked if the config and program folder should be deleted as well. Just don't delete them.

Than install the new version and skip the wizard on the end.

But may it is necessary to check the new settings because there are much more/different options in the new version.

Like a new channel scan would be a good idea...

I have never uninstalled any version, and i have been in the loop from version 3. So i can say: Dont uninstall anything, just upgrade, it works. This includes the past very long Beta show, where the developers strongly adviced to run seperate paths. Never did that. I used every beta version in production. The only problem was that versions always was uoutdated and stopped functioned.

So: Just install new version on the old one

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to you. Thank you for your feedback. I'll install the latest version over ... I have one last thing to ask (I abuse may be), the computer still running XP sp2, is there a Incompatibility of the latest version of DVBViewer with this OS?

I have one last thing to ask (I abuse may be), the computer still running XP sp2, is there a Incompatibility of the latest version of DVBViewer with this OS?

I don't know, because i am running win 7, but i am shure there would be a lot of posts, if it dosen't work on XP SP2