MPEG5 (BBC) crashes DVB Viewer

I (try) to use the MHEG5 plug-in for BBC channels.

However it does work, but crashes DVBViewer regularly when switching channels (to MHEG5 channel).

Then DVBViewer stops, and after a while ‘Windows’ shows a ‘DVBViewer stopped working’ box.

I included the support.zip archive.

To run DVBViewer, I removed mheg_decoder.dll and mheg.dll.

Fulco

I did install the plug-in, and entered the key.

MPEG5 works fine, but sometimes, when switching to a channel with MPEG5 information, DVBViewer crashes.

Fulco

• 2 weeks later...

I updated DVBViewer to v4.8.1.0 (MHEG5 v1.0.0.7) and reinstalled MHEG5.

There still are crashes (‘DVBViewer stopped working’):

On the BBC News channel:

Choose ‘Business’ ‘Currency’ ‘Euro’ then the ‘little picture' (TV) disappears and the information is display full screen.

The ‘Exit’ button however, get you a level back, but the TV-picture doesn’t come back.

The same happens when viewing weather information ‘full screen’.

Choosing ‘Springwatch’ (is currently on the main menu, and should jump to another channel, but crashes

Works fine here, please start the DVBViewer with parameter -debug and add the support.zip.

Concerning the business issue: It is normal, the application sends a stop video command. Can be verified in the debug.log.

Hmm, you did not started the DVBViewer in Debug mode. Anyway the problem on BBC is that they stop the video and instead of calling the resume command they just ask for the video stream. I changed the code in order to rerun the graph after they stopped it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just bought the mheg-5 plugin,

after installation, with newest DVBViewer pro and the plugin,

I tune to BBC 1, (or other bbc channels) press red button appears

I press red on my technisat remote, and DVBViewer crashes.

Technisat skystar HD2 driver version 1.1.1.502

Motherboard: Asus M2N-XE

Chipset MCP61 Rev A3

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT driver version 8.17.12.6724

{Are there other freeview channels that I may try the MHEG-5? (astra 19, 23, 28, Hotbird 13?) }

thanks,

Bernhard

support.zip

Again, these kind of crashs are not BUGS. It is caused by the fact that the license key is not entered correctly. You have to type the code inside the keytool and verify that the CRC sum is equal to the one which is also inside the registration email!

Hi,

Sorry,

I installed DVBViewer with wizard, than entered my DVBViewer key +keyfile, then pressed order mheg-5....

then closed DVBViewer.

I did not notice the support folder in startmenu / DVBViewer where in is the keytool...

Now it works yes thanks

Bernhard

No problem, you are not the only person which stumbled over this problem - i will probably update the installer in order to start the keytool after the installation.