Hauppauge Nova S Plus DiSEqC not working

mm1352000

Hi everyone

exact TV-card model and used driver version

Hauppauge Nova S Plus (92001), driver version 2.126.28225 (latest)

type and chipset of the mainboard

Asus P5W DH Deluxe - Intel 975x

graphics card and used driver version

Sapphire (AMD/ATI) HD4670, Catalyst 10.4

My problem is that DiSEqC switching does not work with my Hauppauge Nova S Plus tuner. I have access to two satellites - Optus D1 (160e) and Optus D2 (152e) - via an EMP Centauri Profi-Line 9x8 multiswitch:

Simple A/committed port 1 (AA)/committed port 3 (BA) === Optus D1

Simple B/committed port 2 (AB)/committed port 4 (BB) === Optus D2

The Nova S Plus will tune any transponder on Optus D1, but it can't get any transponders from Optus D2 on the second set of inputs. I have two Pinnacle PCTV 7010ix cards and a TechnoTrend Budget S2 3200 and DiSEqC works fine with the satellite tuners on those cards.

I'm testing with the latest versions of DVBViewer (4.8.0.1) and Transedit (3.7.2.0). I don't have WinTV so I can't test with that. I've tried the "stop stream while tuning" option as well as the "standard interface" off/on and the "internal network provider" enabled/disabled. None of those options seem to make any difference.

support.zip

All of the predefined ones:

A

B

AA

AB

BA

BB

I'm not sure if the multiswitch also supports uncommitted commands, but like I said, the other tuners that I own are able to use either B, AB or BB to switch to Optus D2.

The multiswitch is connected as follows:

(<input>. <DiSEqC port>, <polarity/voltage>, <22 kHz off/on>)

1. DiSEqC A, 13V, no tone => Optus D1 vertical

2. DiSEqC A, 18V, no tone => Optus D1 horizontal

3. DiSEqC A, 13V, 22 kHz => (currently unconnected)

4. DiSEqC A, 18V, 22 kHz => (currently unconnected)

5. DiSEqC B, 13V, no tone => Optus D2 vertical

6. DiSEqC B, 18V, no tone => Optus D2 horizontal

7. DiSEqC B, 13V, 22 kHz => (currently unconnected)

8. DiSEqC B, 18V, 22 kHz => (currently unconnected)

Edited by mm1352000

Thank you Griga :D

I will check my current registry setting and *carefully* try to turn DCL off. I'll also try moving the Optus D2 inputs from 5 and 6 to 3 and 4 (port A + 22k, effectively high band port A) and see if that kind of switching will work. The multiswitch isolation between port A and port B is better than the isolation with 1-4 and 5-8 which is why I was using port B in the first place, but I might have no choice...

Hi again Griga

It looks like the 22 kHz tone doesn't work at all because high-band <--> low-band switching doesn't work either. Obviously that would explain why DiSEqC switching isn't working. My registry value for the LNB power is set to 6 (lowest voltage, DCL on) and I wasn't brave enough to change it. Maybe I'll pluck up the courage to change the registry value tonight. I just *really* don't want to damage the card...

I'm beginning to wonder if the card was already damaged when I received it, but 13/18V switching works fine and port A low band reception works fine so this is a strange issue. I've emailed Hauppauge support to see what they have to say. Thank you for your advice. I'd welcome any other suggestions although as far as I am concerned this is no longer a DVBViewer or TransEdit bug.

Edited by mm1352000