WinLirc: adjust sensitivity of keys

Kiwi_Tim

Hi There,

I'm using WinLirc plugin for remote control input with DVBViewer 4.8.0.1

Is there any way to adjust sensitivity of key presses?

My remote keys are too sensitive; I need to slow down their response time.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

You can try to modify "Key delay" and "Repeat delay" values in the "Settings" WinLirc's windows you find in "Settings / Options / Input - Inputplugins / WinLirc"... mine are "800" and "1000".

:bye:

Thanks for that advice. I never saw that 'settings' button below the Inputplugins page until I looked following your instruction.

Seems to have improve the response/delay time.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

Hi Again,

Actually, my perceived improvement in remote control key sensitivity was imagined. On more rigorous testing it seems that the WinLirc Repeat Delay only works the first time a button is pressed. I set Repeat Delay to 10,000 ms, restarted the PC, started DVBViewer, pressed Mute Button, and as expected it did not respond to repeated pressing until several seconds had passed. Upon its next response to being pressed it reverted back to responding to every touch.

Restarted DVBViewer and got the exact same response .... the first push of any remote button triggers the Repeat Delay that has been input by the user, then when that delay period has timed out, any subsequent button pushing no longer obeys the Repeat Delay input by the user.

Any idea what's going on here?

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

PS. I'm using WINTVIR Bridge with a Hauppauge remote

Edited by Kiwi_Tim