Win 7 x64 + ffmpeg

Never before had problems with iPhone streaming... but until now I was using 32bit Windows. Now I moved to Windows 7 64-bit and, as I see in Process Explorer, ffmpeg.exe (the one recommended in Wiki, FFmpeg Revision 18639) crashes immediately after it's run by DVBVservice.exe, so - no streaming to my iPod Touch.

As I know Recording Service is free and not supported, I'd rather ask for an advice here. I tried using a newer FFmpeg build from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com. I played with it in command prompt, and found that this newer build does not recognize flags:

-cropleft 4 -cropright 4 -croptop 0 -cropbottom 0

that recservice puts into ffmpeg.exe's command line. If these are removed, it seems the transcoding runs just fine, so my question is -

1. How to stop Recording Service to use these flags? Perhaps I can expect a change in future recsvc versions?

2. Could it be that I'm using non-default installation part for DVBViewer, is the reason why recommended ffmpeg revision 18639 build crashes?

Regards,

ML

Edited by ml 05019

Just told that. It crashes. Never did in 32-bit Windows, though

Edited by ml 05019
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What do you expect? Lars, as far as I understand, does the entire job himself, so he does not have time for us annoying bastards... as I said earlier,

-cropleft 4 -cropright 4 -croptop 0 -cropbottom 0

is all that needs to be removed from commandline for 64-bit compatible ffmpeg to work, but looks like even that is too much to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you guys found a working solution which runs automatically?

I have DVBViewer Recording Serivce 1.9.1.0 (NOT beta) + ffmpeg build 18639 + DVBViewer 4.8.1.0 working in Win Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

Did you try remove and delete the DVBViewer Pro folder completely first, then install everything again from scratch?

Any error message(s) in Window$ Event Log?