Runtime Error 217

McenterFreak

When i try to use a command line parameter to do a WOL on my Recording Service PC, i get this error: Runtime error 217 at 004B0AD1

My shortcut is this:

C:\Programmer\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe " -x8275

It dosen't help to "Run as administrator"

I can't reproduce it. Could you please also add the -debug parameter and post the debug.log here? Maybe something shows up there...

Could you please supply the complete syntax, and tell me where debug.log ends. I couldnt figure out myself. I tried, but no luck

"C:\Programmer\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe " -x8275 -debug

and the debug.log can be found in the configuration folder of the DVBViewer (just run the support tool and it will be zipped.

Found the reason

Win 7 works with 2 sets of names for some folders. A "Display" name and a internal name. Display name is the translated name

e.g. "c:\Program Files" has a Danish display name like this "c:\Programmer"

So when I make a shortcut like this: "C:\Programmer\DVBViewer.exe" -x8275 I will get the error message, but if I change it to "C:\Program Files\DVBViewer.exe" -x8275", I wont get an error message

So now it works, but that leads me to another question. When i run DVBViewer with the -x8275 parameter, DVBViewer starts up, and shows the GUI. Why? I just want to wake the RS PC, not watching TV. If i wanted to se TV and wake the RS PC, I could just tick the Wake Service PC option in DVBViewer, and start DVBViewer, no need for parameters, or have i missed something?

There was 2 parts in my post, first one a solution to my old problem, and second a question:

When i run DVBViewer with the -x8275 parameter, DVBViewer starts up, and shows the GUI. Why? I just want to wake the RS PC, not watching TV. If i wanted to se TV and wake the RS PC, I could just tick the Wake Service PC option in DVBViewer, and start DVBViewer, no need for parameters, or have i missed something?

Does Developers have an answer?

When i run DVBViewer with the -x8275 parameter, DVBViewer starts up, and shows the GUI. Why?
This is a jok, right?

If you don't like the DVBViewer to starte, than dont't start the DVBViewer. Use a diferen tool for WOL (e.g. WOL for DVBViewer).

This is a jok, right?

If you don't like the DVBViewer to starte, than dont't start the DVBViewer. Use a diferen tool for WOL (e.g. WOL for DVBViewer).

Why do you call it a joke

I want to wake RECORDING SERVICE PC, not DVBViewer. If you have a clever solution, please describe it for me

You are starting the DVBViewer an than you complain the the DVBViewer starts. Sounds for me like a jok.

Tjod

Why do answer this, you don't seem to be interested in clarifying anything, so why dont you keep quiet?

I am not complaining, just asking why there is a parameter to wake RS PC, when it is not needed. And my second question is: how to wake RS PC without starting DVBViewer

And this is not a JOKE