HVR-4000 & Windows 7 Ultimate

kahuna0k

Hello,

I have a Hauppauge HVR-4000 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, I'm not able to make it work with DVBViewer (in fact I'm not able to make it work with any program). Although both the DVB-T and DVB-S tuners are detected when I try to tune a channel I get "No Hardware Available". Using WinTV 7 I can scan but get no signal in any channel (neither DVB-T or DVB-S). It seems to be related to Windows Media Center, but I have disabled it in the Windows Component Install/Uninstall without success. I have tried to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch with the same result. I have tried with Windows XP Pro x64, and with it everything works perfectly, the same that when trying from Ubuntu. Any idea?? I'm really out of ideas. And it is my third windows reinstallation :-(

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I can only say that i have HVR-4000 and Windows 7 x64 (not sure if it is Ultimate). But it workes fine. Have tested is will different versions of the drivers.

I think you on the right track about Media Center, se if you can find some information about how to disable it totally.

I guess you have redetected the Tuner card from the config-hadware meny. When i have updated my drivers, i must redetect the card.