Playback of Recordings

Cian

Hi,

I have recently installed DVBViewer on a new PC at home in the kitchen, but it won't let me watch any recordings selected from within DVBViewer. I am using 4.8.1 on W7 home premium on a touchscreen Sony all-in-one PC.

In cann see the listings both on the OSD Skin and on the "recording statistics" screen, but when I click or press enter on the program title to watch it, the program disappears from the list. If I do a database refresh, it appears again, but I can't select the recording to play.

I can't access the support.zip at the minute because I am in work, but I can post it later if the problem is not just something stupid that I have done.

I know there are work-arounds, but I am curious to know what I have done wrong this time :blush:

Cian.

Edited by Cian

Please check your recording path in the DVBViewer and Recording Service options.

It has to be an UNC-path otherwise the problem what you are describing is happing.

Like: "C:\MyMovies"

This works for lokal clients.

For remote (external) clients it should be something like: "\\MyHTPC\MyMovies".

So you have to share your recording folder for network access.

I already have one computer on the network playing back the files properly on XP, so I am not sure that this is the reason but I will give it a go!

Cian.