Can't play .MP4

themaster1

I have reinstalled XP and currently am fine tuning everything, it seems i can't play .mp4 for some odd reason( mkv etc.. no problem).I don't recall having this problem on my previous Xp, anyone came across this problem and found a solution ? I'd be glad to read it.

I have all the right codecs (cyberlink, coreavc) for AVC/H264, MPC and PDVD can play them just fine so the problem lies in DVBViewer i believe so i'm clueless really as i type

Edited by themaster1
I have all the right codecs

That's not enough. You need a Demultiplexer/Splitter DirectShow filter that "understands" the MP4 format. The Haali Splitter does this job pretty well. Make sure to enable .mp4 handling on installation.

so the problem lies in DVBViewer

Like always :rolleyes: No idea what's going on? Things are getting too complicated? Blame the frontend, and you'll feel better... :)

It seems you were right i had an old Haali Media splitter release that didn't take .mp4's, now everything is fine, sorry for the troubles really.