Missing EPG

McenterFreak

I was wondering why there was none, or very little EPG information in some of my channels. I thought it was the broadcaster (TV2) that didnt suply it. But today i made a little investigation

On my TV with build in DVB-T Tuner there was full EPG information, but in DVBViewer (Recording Service), DVB-T there was only 1 line, with the name of the program. The same channel on DVB-S had three lines,Name , Genre and a very short description (American Movie 1985)

I have atached som screenshots of the different scenarios:

ONTV website:

TV2 website:

DVBViewer RS, DVB-T:

DVBViewer RS, DVB-S:

My TV with DVB-T:

RS Config WEB:

RS Config:

What could be the reason?

I haven't generated a support.zip, because i don't think it would help in this case

Edited by McenterFreak

Why is start/stop time one hour off on TV screen picture?

I think its because i haven't configured country settings in my TV. I newer use it as a TV, but only as a monitor for DVBViewer

My guess is your DVB-T provider uses some kind of EPG format for the description not compatible with the format EPG.dat requires and that should be the answer to why things goes wrong for you. Perhaps it can be a good idea to take the discussion with your provider, but the easiest solution would be using a TV grabber instead and import the results with XEPG...that would imply turning off all EPG receiving from the provider entirely.

Edited by majstang

My guess is your DVB-T provider uses some kind of EPG format for the description not compatible with the format EPG.dat requires and that should be the answer to why things goes wrong for you. Perhaps it can be a good idea to take the discussion with your provider, but the easiest solution would be using a TV grabber instead and import the results with XEPG...that would imply turning off all EPG receiving from the provider entirely.

I have now tried with 3 different TV sets, and all three show complete EPG from DVB-T, so i would like, if the developers of DVBViewer would look into this. i don't think it is a DVB-T matter, because it is nearly the same problem with DVB-S?

You can try to dig more on EPG your provider is carring out with TransEdit's "Analyze" function (please refer to it's manual to how to...)

:bye:

Now it is getting Spooky. This afternoon i checked the EPG again. Now EPG is updated, also the channel/program i described in my previous posts:

So DVBViewer RS understand the EPG now, but not earlier this day??