VLC Stream Server will not stop

DickyDoDah!

Hi all,

Great piece of software which I have eventually managed to get working correctly. I only want to use this for streaming across the Internet and once I configured Windows 7 Firewall correctly it all works great.

However I have one small problem which may or may not be a bug but as no one else seems to have the problem I guess it is my setup.

Whenever I stream a transcoded file the "STOP VLC STREAM SERVER" button doesn't seem to do anything as VLC continues to run. As it is running in the SYSTEM account I cannot kill the process on the server machine so I have to stop and restart the DVBVservice. I have written a batch file to do this and have added it to the "TASKS" lists so that when watching across the internet I can at least reset everything to watch another channel.

regards Rich

support.zip

No comments so far...I guess I must be the only one with this problem.

I have an update. I have discovered that this is only a problem on the local LAN as over the internet it works fine. It may be due to the different versions of IE in use.

I shall keep looking

I created a batch file with the following commands;

NET STOP DVBVRecorder

ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000

NET STart DVBVRecorder

The ping command is to add a short delay so that VLC stops properly.

Copy this into a .txt file and rename it .bat

Add this to you tasks and you won't need to wait for VLC to stop itself. I actually found that sometimes it never stops as it was still running some 7 hours after I had hit the stop streaming button.

• 1 month later...

Same here...

It worked _sometimes_ with FF or IE9, but never with Chrome.

I created a small batch and put it into TASKS

"vlckill.bat"

TASKKILL /F /IM vlc.exe

so no need to restart the service.

Edited by vel2000