AAC

fxv1

Hi, since moving over to DVB-T2 I have some issues on the AAC sound.

Not sure if this happens on all DVB-T2 channels but here is the scenario.

With DVBViewer I only have 3 choices for AAC

1) libfaad2 Wrapper ....this works but sound keeps fading out and not really enjoyable

2) PowerDVD9 ...sound is spot on but when the adverts come on the sound dies until I do a rebuild graph.

3) Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder

same as number 2 but when playing back the video the video stops when the adverts come on

I have registered the libfaad2 wrapper.ax.

Playing the recorded file produces exactly the same results.

Now the weird thing is that when I get PowerDVD9 to play the recorded video (the killings Part2 CH4 9PM today) it plays flawlessly and no stopping etc. I presume PowerDVD is using it's own codec.

I have seen mentions of ffdshow for AAC. I have ffdshow listed for the other audio options (MP2, MP3,AC3) but not for AAC , am I missing something??

Any help appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Many Thanks, I will give that a go to-night. Will this list DIVX codec in the AAC options to choose from as I already have Divx installed but not the codec pack by itself ?

Thanks Griga, now I have Divx option for AAC and all seems to be working without any problems on DVB-T2.By the way I after a few weeks of owning the Blackgold DVB-T2 card I can report no problems. It copes with 2 HD channels (dual tuner) of Freeview.

Frank

Many Thanks, I will give that a go to-night. Will this list DIVX codec in the AAC options to choose from as I already have Divx installed but not the codec pack by itself ?