Recording stops unexpectedly on encrypted channels

speedycars

Hello,

I'm using TT CT-3650 CI for DVB-C recordings. But it's frequently stops decrypting encrypted channel ("*" appears beside channel name in status bar), which leads to stop recording. If I just reset DVBViewer it starts decrypting without a problem again, so I think it's not hardware related, but software. Also when that phenomenon appears, and then change channel to FTA one it's shows them, but if I change back to encrypted channel it's not encrypted again. Why is that? I tried 2 CA modules, but it happens with both of them (Conax Smit and Technisat MultiCrypt 1). Also I found that if I use recording service it's even more unstable, and these crashes are even more frequent. Bad thing there is that recording service always waits 60 seconds (so loooong) for not having appropriate signal before reset itself and continue with recording.

So what can I do to fix this problem?

I don't know if support.zip that I'm attaching have the debug info, because I created it after one such crash and DVBViewer reset.

support.zip

Edited by speedycars

it IS a hardware/driver problem.

The decrypting is done by the driver-> hardware -> CAM, so check if you have the latest drivers for the DVB-card and if the used cam is supported by the DVB-Card.

Version of driver is 1.0.4.2 (09.04.2010) - I think this is the last TT driver for using with 3rd party applications. TT don't have an approved list with CAMs, but they should be compatible.

it IS a hardware/driver problem.

So why it fixes by itself when I reset only DVBViewer and not driver or DVB card?

Does DVBViewer reset the driver or card on startup?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to press attach button for support.zip in first post.

Edited by speedycars
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've found what's going on...

In installation of latest version of DVBViewer you are including an old version of ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll (1.0.1.17). After replacing it with the latest version of the file (1.0.1.21) from the official TechnoTrend SDK two days later I didn't have any sign of previous problems!

So please make sure you're gonna include the fix in next version of DVBViewer!

And thanks for not helping me!!! After all it was your fault...

Edited by speedycars