suggestion

Hi,

I have a box adsl (in France) called "freebox HD" which is compatible with upnp/av. I can access to upnp server with all the folders but i cant get the tv channels because my box cant read ts files without the mimetype "video/mp2t". Is it possible for me and the others millions who have this box to make something ?

thanks a lot (sorry for my english)

possible for me and the others millions who have this box to make something ?

Well if these other millions all buy a copy of the DVBViewer we would be very happy ;):D

Joking asside, search for the uPnPProfilesV2.xml file in the userdata -> Config folder.

Search for the "<LiveExtensions>" section and change the mime type for the ".ts" to your needs. Just remember to stopp the recording service before you change anything and back the file up, so you can restore it, if anything goes wrong.

You could also try to create a own profile section for your box, see the included sections for examples and use the upnp debug option to get some clue in the svcdebug.olg how to identify it. And share it here, then I can integrate it into the next release...

I took a look to uPnPProfilesV2.xml. I thonk i find useragent "Linux/2.6 UPnP/1.0 fbxupnpav/1.0" but do i add characters like this "^" or ".*" before or after name of client. I don't understand the options special="" alias="", can you help me please ?

thanks.

you just need to set the mime type like this:

<profile name="freebox HD">
<UserAgent>^Linux/2.6 UPnP/1.0 fbxupnpav/1.0</UserAgent>
 	<X-AV-Client-Info/>
 	<Extensions/>
 	<AudioExtensions/>
 	<LiveExtensions>
	     <Ext name=".ts">
    	<MediaFormat mime-type="video/mp2t" special="" alias="" transcode="0" hassize="0" allaudio="0">*</MediaFormat>
      </Ext>
 	</LiveExtensions>
 	<PhotoExtensions/>
</profile>

great, i can play tv channels !! But the sound crackles a lot (with webserver or wmp it's perfect). I can't play recordings or video files... Do the server transcode video ?

i put this on the profile :

<profile name="freebox HD">
       <UserAgent>^Linux/2.6 UPnP/1.0 fbxupnpav/1.0</UserAgent>
       <X-AV-Client-Info/>
       <Extensions>
   <Ext name=".avi">
       <MediaFormat mime-type="video/x-msvideo" special="">AVI</MediaFormat>
   </Ext>
   <Ext name=".ts">
               <MediaFormat mime-type="video/mp2t" special="">*</MediaFormat>
          </Ext>
</Extensions>
       <AudioExtensions/>
       <LiveExtensions>
          <Ext name=".ts">
              <MediaFormat mime-type="video/mp2t" special="" alias="" transcode="0" hassize="0" allaudio="1">*</MediaFormat>
          </Ext>
       </LiveExtensions>
       <PhotoExtensions/>
</profile>

thanks

I think the reason that the freebox hd dont play video files is that the upnp adress contains "\upnp\videos\AV\00012.avi?d=4510" parameters. The files fot tv channels and photos don't have this and i can play them. Is it possible to remove "?d=######" ? Is it useful ?

thanks

Do the server transcode video ?

No but set the allaudio parameter in the profile to 0. Maybe the box can not handle more than one audiostream.

Is it possible to remove "?d=######" ? Is it useful ?

Unfortunatly it's not removeable. And if this causes problems you should inform the manufacturer of the box, that they have a bug...