Problem after installing recording service

machare

Dear Sirs,

I installed the recording service svc_setup_1.9.0.0.exe on my copy of DVBViewer 4.8.1

I have not been able to get DVBViewer to work properly since doing this.

When the application starts I do not get a picture.

If I try to change channel DVBViwer hangs. I am then unable to close the application and my PC BSODs when I shut it down.

(If I don't change channel I can close the application OK.)

I have deinstalled the recording service and reinstalled DVBViwer but have not been able to get rid of the problem.

Windows Media Centre works - so my card, drivers etc work OK.

I have a multiboot PC. There is 2nd copy of Windows 7 with DVBViewer and this works OK.

Any suggestions as to how to overcome this problem?

Regards

Michael Chare

support.zip

I tried, but it looks like I didn't follow them properly anyway! Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately deinstalling the recording service did not resolve the hardware conflict.

Two problems:

1. RS 1.9 did not install correct - there's no RS version entry in the Systeminfo.txt (support.zip)

2. You didn't setup a unicast device in DVBViewer client. When doing that disable your ordinary tuner and have only the unicast enabled.

If uninstalling/reinstalling RS does not solve the conflict, starting from scratch with both DVBViewer and Recording Service could be the best option for you.

When then installing RS make sure you follow the Unicast setup section in the guide especially closely.

:bye:

Edited by majstang