ATI CCC 11.7 and 11.8

As 11.7 was released yesterday I gave it a try to see if it fixed the artefacts....indeed it seems to have fixed that.

But it has introduced a different issue but not sure if it is an ATI problem.

Scenario:

Have 2 DVBviewers running: One with a DVB-t2 and one with DVB-s2

Both watching BBC ONE HD.

The DVB-T2 runs flawlessly but thr DVB-S2 now stuutters every now and then .....picture freezes sometimes for about a second ...sound is oK .

I am using same codecs for both H264 PowerDVD11 ... also same renderer settings.

I have uploaded a support.zip a little while ago but can do another one when I get home.

Anyone care to comment on this ...or is anyone else getting similar results.

I have also had a quick try with the CCC 11.8 (the test version) same results.

Frank :rotfl::whistle::blink:

i just want to let you know i found the same problem with a stuttering picture on the same channels....i had to reset back to ati 11.6 ... problem fixed

Thanks for confirming that. 11.6 leaves me with artifacts. Still have 11.4 on my main rig....seems fine on DVB-T2 , I have stopped using DVB-S2 for most things as most channels I use available on DVB-T2 and that works fine. So what is so differet on DVB-S2 that

gives this problem ????? ITV1 HD seems to cope much better but that is not DVB-S2!!

I also had severe problems installing CCC11.7 and 11.8 even after removing all via control panel ....driver sweeper showed mos if the dlls still there. When I installed it said "No Hardware" kinda strange. But a second install of 11.7 failed as well but it had actually installed the drivers .......this ATI stuff is freaking me out.

Frank

Anyone willing to offer an opinion as to why DVB-T2 does not have the same issues as DVB-S2 when using identical channel (BBC1HD)....using same renderer and H264 decoder

The audio decoders will not be the same. With the default Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder, WMC wouldn't even display AC3 HD channels on DVB-S/S2. The problem went away when I installed AC3Filter.

My Audio is fine, not have a problem with that. Just the picture lags at random times.

It might be decoding OK, but using too much resources, causing HD video processing to stutter. Is the picture OK when you select the MPEG audio track? Try another AC3 codec for Audio B and switch between them.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried all possible audio codecs and not much different.

As the problem only happens on DVB-S2 I tend to think this is related to the transmission.

take a look at these two pictures.

http://www.manikata.com/tecchie/DVBViewer/pictures/artefacts2.jpg

http://www.manikata.com/tecchie/DVBViewer/pictures/ccc11-8.JPG

the 1st pictures shows same channel left side DVB-S2 and right pic DVB-T2 , same audio & video decoders and renderers.

the 2nd picture again as above but showing DVBSource with DVB-S2 having many discontinuities and none for DVB-T2. Discontinuities I think are corrupt packets ?? not too sure exactly what that implies. Anyhow I have no discontinuities on ITV1 HD which is not DVB-S2 using same DVBViewer just changing the channel. By the way all the BBC HD channels worked without any problems prior to them moving to DVB-S2.

As Microsoft Media playing does not seem to work on DVB-S2 (yet) I don't know if that will work any better. All the HD channels work well on DVB-T2

Frank