PC Windows 7 compatible Upnp client

I have the recording service running on my desktop PC. I have several Upnp clients, they can all see the DVBViewer UPnP server on my PC but none of them are able to establish a connection to a radio station. I have applied the mp3 fix and this did help one of the clients.

Is there a Windows 7 UPnP client PC application which is known to work with the recording service Upnp server, that I can run on my laptop and prove that the server is running correctly?

tried xbmc?

Thank you. I have now tried XMBC and am able to display TV programmes from the recording service Upnp server.

However, I am not able to use XMBC to listen to radio stations.

I have put ffmpeg.exe in the same program folder as DVBViewer.exe and changed svcuserdata.xml

Is there something else that needs doing?

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded from 1.9.0.0 to 1.9.0.3 and removed ffmpeg.

I can now listen to radio station on my laptop using XMBC. :-)

However my four other Upnp clients (Hardware devices) are unable to establish a connection.

All four devices can play mp3 files using Mediatomb and three of them can also play flac files.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem?

PS. What is very impressive is that my new Samsung TV can connect to the DVBViewer recording service using UpNP and display live HD TV.

• 4 months later...

Hi, could you tell me how to configure recording services for Samsunsg TV?. I can connect to DVBViewer recording services and watch live TV channels on PS3 but when I try to do it directly with my Samsung TV it shows a black screen until TV turns off and turn on. My TV is a Samsung C6000.

Best regards.