Recording and preview with secoud card

joaortnt

Hi there to all developers;

Here is the suggestion:

As you know the preview option don't work with satellite system, because we only can see the channels inside the transponder we are watching, right? So, i have 2 tuners, 1 hauppauge hvr 4400 and 1 Skystar HD2. The idea is simple, can you develop an way to select (in preview channel and recordings) the tunner to do it?

so i can watch all channels with hauppauge and preview, record or schedule a program from EPG whith the skystar. with this system we are free to see any channel we want, and record to see more later another program inside other transponder, other satellite...

So, what do you think? is it possible?

PS, at this moment, to do this things I've to run 2 computers, one to do the recording service as i want, and other in my living room as a media center to watch Tv. obvious the preview option :( don't work..

Best regards

You can record and view at the same time with more than one card. I don't understand your problem.

how? are you shure? with a satelite system, you only can preview the channels with the same transponder, if you select a channel of a different transponder, the dvbviwer crash, i suppose it never select the secound tunner to do that. i'will try once again right now.

Start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and reproduce the problem.

Tha post a support.zip

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

i've found the problem... it works great but only whit FTA channels, the CAM doesn't provide the "preview" either "background record" with keys. As i don't have the traditional CAMs, i use two phoenix readers to read my pay tv cards and a "illegal" plugin...

you can close the topic and send it to trash.

Tks for you time and information! :)