TS Player --> new TS file

Hi,

just for the record.

Got recently a .ts file recorded from Singapore TV which contained several PMTs, while I don't know how it was recorded.

TS Player and TS Doctor told me it contains 4 PMTs

tsplayersingapore.th.jpg

while tsMuxeR & media info think there are 2 PMTs

tsmuxerbefore.th.jpg

Looking for the HD part could not extract something useful with TS Player - the new .ts file was ~ 4 MB - while TS Doctor & tsMuxeR delivered a nice new file.

Additionally, extracting the h.264 video the resolution detected by tsMuxeR was correct while data given by TS Player turned out to be wrong.

Just wanted let know those to whom it concerns.

Many thanks for asking the question to cut something out, as this led to some additional information. Maybe I did something wrong?

Original file has a size of 2.780.514 KB

When streams from first PMT in list are selected for conversion size of resulting file is 4.777 KB, at end of filename is (Cf5~%F%l%S) attached - which points to the last PMT.

selectedtsp.th.jpg

When I try to open this new file with TS Player get an error message "cannot find valid video / audio streams"

Opened original file and selected nothing filesize for the result is 2.313.269 KB and at end of filename (Cf5~%F%l%S#1) is attached, which is the first PMT.

nonselectedtsp.th.jpg[/url

This new file opens in TS Player and confirms that these are data from first PMT in list only

newfile.th.jpg

while it doesn't play. Plays OK with Media Player Classic & Windows Media Player 10.000.00.481 which is something I haven't seen before, in tricky cases it was the other way round so far.

Haven't found a way to cut out an excerpt from original file containing all PMTs with TS Player. Can't do it with TS Doctor either as I have to select one of the PMTs rather early before cutting is possible.

TS Player being one of my preferred tools when it comes to .ts files and having found another way to solve my little issue, this is not a big deal. Otherwise, if it's of interest or help, I'm willing to send the original file via normal snail mail

Thank You for your time.

Yes, you can! TSDoctor -> tools -> raw cutter :)

Thanks, never used it before.

Trust to upload a small segment isn't necessary anymore, unless someone tells me otherwise.

Just for completeness, here is how I maneuvered myself into a little trap, not having worked with .ts files with more than one PMT before :

- when TS Player opens the file all PMTs are in collapsed state

- enlarged first PMT

- enlarged second PMT and deselected the streams

- same with third and fourth PMT

This state is visible in first picture of 3rd post

When I hit the red button in this state get useless material. Trust the fourth PMT is inherently selected while not visible as such, which would also explain also the "wrong" addendum to the filename

When the first PMT is selected ("blued") on top of above status, everything works OK.

Extracting the first 3 PMTs with their respective PMTs selected, got the identical result to the byte, file characteristics as visible for first PMT, despite of other characteristics visible for 2nd & 3rd PMT. Same result I get when using TS Doctor, files being a couple of bytes smaller.

Only the fourth video stays a miracle to me, TS Player & TS Doctor telling me resolution to be 320 x 192, while Avisynth, VDub, tsMuxeR and media info insist on 320 x 180

Thank you

Edited by Mandrax