Autosearch timer in infinite loop

majstang

I have encountered a very peculiar problem since about a week or so with RS 1.9.0.3. My autosearch timer gets stuck in an infinte loop and never ends at the set stop time. The autosearch does it's job alright finding the EPG entries according to my SearchPresets and creates new recording timers, it just never stops. If deleting recording timers while the autosearch timer is stuck, these timers re-appear after pressing timer button on the RS menu. So the Autosearch timer seem to be caught in an infinite loop and disregards the stop time entirely. Looks like this:

If using the Autotimer task instead the autosearch works without any issue and finishes alright. Only using the autosearch timer generates this problem. If using an Internal Task Timer and have it executing the Autotimer, no problem. I have no idea on why i get this result, cuz i haven't done any changes settingswise or anything else. It just started to happened one day. Now every execution of my autoserach timer (repeated same time every day for one minute) gets stuck. Any ideas what can be causing this?

It seems, you have at least one autosearch, where check against title is disabled and the subtilte is empty.

The sql search yields an exception because of wrong SQL, exits the search routine and the timer starts all over again.

It's a bug.I'll fix it. :)

Hm...i have difficulties identifying which serachpresets are the troublesome ones. I have three shows where Title is checked (subtitle/event unchecked) in order to block em from being recorded, but i had that for one and a half months and i didn't have this problem before the last week. Well nevermind, it's nice to hear it's going to be fixed. Top notch, Lars! Many thanks :)

Best regards

majstang

Oh, no! Now the SQL error has spread to the Autotimer as well. Its now completely out of hand where searchpresets never gets scheduled and therefor recordings never gets carried out. Man, it is time to revert to RS 1.8.0.1 :(

Just adding some more information on the SQL errors since getting an another SQL error yesterday. It seems both the Autosearchtimer and the Autotimer produces SQL error [1]

26.08.11 17:07:05.847 Thread:6980 Exception: Error executing SQL.

Error [1]: SQL error or missing database.

"select idRecord from recordedlist where COLLATE SYSTEMNOCASE": near "COLLATE": syntax error

Yesterday evening I also got SQL error [5] (locked database file) for unknown reasons. I can't reproduce it unfortunately, at the moment.

26.08.11 22:10:03.678 Thread:9104 SvcDatabase.db3 UpdateRecorded: Could not retrieve data.

Error [5]: The database file is locked.

"select idRecord from recordings where Filename = 'D:\TV\Recording Service\EPG Info-Log Files\20110701_17-29-02_Kanal 5_Rules of engagement S05E1526.ts' COLLATE SYSTEMNOCASE": database is locked

26.08.11 22:10:21.287 Thread:8504 SvcDatabase.db3 UpdateRecorded: Error executing SQL statement.

Error [5]: The database file is locked.

"update recordings set Filename = 'D:\TV\Recording Service\EPG Info-Log Files\20110817_22-54-00_Kanal 5_Celebrity rehab with Dr Drew.ts', channel = 'Kanal 5', strID= 'MinimumAge', time= '40772.9548611111', Duration= '0.0590277777777778', Title= 'Celebrity rehab with Dr Drew', Info= 'S04E11/11 ', Description= 'Amerikansk realityserie från 2010. Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Deltagarna återförenas med Dr Drew för att prata om säsong 4 och deras liv efter Celebrity Rehab. Säsong 4. Del 11 av 11. Medverkande: Dr Drew', Charset= 255, Content= 0 , Series= 'Celebrity rehab with Dr Drew', iYear= 2011, iMonth= 8, iMinimumAge=0 where idRecord = 0": database is locked

I got the SQL [5] error before when having problems with the stuck after recording task, described in this thread:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/46485-after-recording-task-errorhandling/

Just some information on a temporary fix for this bug.

The SQL error [1] stayed the same even after restarting RS. According to searchpresets for saturday the Autotimer should have given 7 new recording timers and 6 of them should have been deactivated. Result with this SQL bug was only two deactivated recording timers and that was it. 5 was missing. I then tested with inactivating all Event boxes for the "check for recordings" function on all SearchPresets. I then got all the expected 7 recording timers now activated of cuz. I then activated the Event box again on my searchpresets and voila...now both Autosearchtimer and Autotimer works without SQL error and all the expected timers show up and all are correctly matched against the recordings history database. This is a strange bug that gradually gets worse and ends up locking up the database. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can fix it til next beta :bye:

Edited by majstang