technisat skystar hd 2 usb ci - diseqc issue

josema78

My network layout is as follows:

W7 64bits/DvbviewerPro/BDA 1.3 ---- Skystar 2 usb hd ci --- Diseqc 1:4 --- A/A(1) --- LNB1

___________________________________________________________|

___________________________________________________________|- B/A(2) --- ROTOR (stab hh120) --- LNB2

PROBLEM:

* When I try to switch from a channel from the first LNB to a HORIZONTALY POLARIZED channel from the LNB2, the switch DOESN'T commute.

NO PROBLEM:

* When I try to switch from a channel from the first LNB to a VERTICALLY POLARIZED channel from the LNB2, the switch DOES commute.

* When I try to switch from a succesfully tuned channel from the second LNB to ANY OTHER channel, the switch DOES commute.

* When I try to switch from a channel from the first LNB to ANY OTHER channel from the first LNB, the switch DOES commute.

* Using an old Skystar 2 PCI, there's no problem at all (though I don't use it to move the positioner).

I've tried to reduce the insertion loses shortening the wires and with 2 different switches (engel and tecatel), but this particular problem persists.

I've read that there are some WDM drivers but I don't know where to find them, in the installation cd and in the official web there seems to be the same old driver (sept'09).

Why is it that when I've already tuned succesfully a VERTICALLY POL. channel from the second LNB, then I can tune to any channel without problem?

It seems your stab hh120 gets only by horizontal (18 volts) enough power.

The polarization of the lnb is controlled by voltage (13 volts for vertical and 18 volts for horizontal).