Signal Strength display

Bertrum

Is there a chance that we can get the signal strength displayed on the taskbar the same as the Technisat version - ie a % from 0-100 depending on the signal level ?

Thanks ;)

Edited by Bertrum

Disable the skin an you will see it

For what you need this? this says nothing about the error free reception

Steffen

One of the UK muxes that I receive can get quite a few Bit Errors if it is less than 90 % causing the occasional picture lockup- 64QAM I think. This has improved by installing an inductor from an old Digital Camera USB lead and now shows around 95%. ;)

I would just like to know whether the mux has a good signal strength before setting up the PVR without having to go into SETUP PC to get the signal strength. ;)

But for what is an signal streng of 90% good for if you don't know how the driver calculate it?

For example with driver 4.22 i recive the most stations with 50-75% with driver 4.28 i get the same stations with 30-55% and its absolut error free. The problem is, different revision of the SS2 have different components and so the same good reception give a different signal strength but the qulaity of the signal ist the same!

Important is an good BER and no lost packages. If you have both the signal strength is irrelevant !

Steffen

Yeah, Klausing is right: this feature is already there. Disable skins. Then You'll see it. If it displays time instead, than click on it until it displays signal-strength.

@Klausing: You are right BER and PackageLoss is more important, but I like to have this display as well. Because if something is going wrong, like a bird is sitting in front of the antenna or a thunderstorm is forming -> u can easily and early see it in the signal-strength-bar. And possibly take countermeasures... Like getting a gun for the birds or trying an alternative channel (regarding the thunderstorm) like Pro7Austria or Sat1Switzerland.

By now this is the reason why I don't use skins anymore. (Controlfreak am I.)

:bye:

LOL, nice arguments! But i understand you. I like it too, to have a look at the status bar (although i know its not necessary) ...