DVBViewer is not compaptible with TechnoTrend TT-Premium S2-6400 Twin

coelhomd

Current version of DVBViewer 4.8.1.0 tested today - 2011-09-09 - with TechnoTrend TT-Premium S2-6400 Twin HD

Device is detected, but is not able to scan channels.

TT-premium_S2-6400eng.jpg

I hope you fix this compaptibility.

Thanks.

If a BDA driver is installed for this card, and TransEdit and DVBViewer can't get any data, the driver is not fully BDA-compatible.

However, before coming to this conclusion, I would try different hardware options. As far as it concerns TransEdit, changing "Stop stream while tuning", "Use standard interface" and "Use internal Network Provider filter" may be worth trying.

Additionally an attached support.zip would be helpful:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

If a BDA driver is installed for this card, and TransEdit and DVBViewer can't get any data, the driver is not fully BDA-compatible.

However, before coming to this conclusion, I would try different hardware options. As far as it concerns TransEdit, changing "Stop stream while tuning", "Use standard interface" and "Use internal Network Provider filter" may be worth trying.

Additionally an attached support.zip would be helpful:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Ok It is attached. Transedit can't find any signal. If use network provider filter is unchecked, then "initializing DVB device failed. Performing a new hardware detection on Settings-> Hardware may help." appears.

support.zip

If use network provider filter is unchecked, then "initializing DVB device failed" appears.

This can be fixed by launching TransEdit once with admin rights, unchecking "Use internal Network Provider filter" and accessing the device, e.g. by scanning. After that the error should disappear, so you can try the other options.

I doubt that this card is fully BDA compatible, though a BDA driver is provided. There is no evidence yet that it is supposed to work with standard DVB software like Windows MCE or such - TechnoTrend doesn't mention it at all. The special capabilities (hardware decoding, HDMI output) can't be used anyway within the BDA framework, unless with a software supporting vendor specific BDA extensions. If you want that you'll have to use the TT software.

However, since

- your support.zip is not complete (it doesn't contain your DVBViewer and Recording Service installation)

- you didn't tell us what you've tried to scan

- I've not seen an API (Application Programming Interface) for this card yet

it's mere guessing up to now...

There are no options on the executable to create a bigger or "complete" zip file.

I just extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer, run it and then it creates support.zip file in C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\