DVBV Service running at 50% cpu

ddichiera

Hi everyone my DVBV Service (1.9.1.0) is running at 50% CPU even when it's just idle.

I'm running XP x86 and I use Process Explorer instead of Task Manager.

I've tried stopping the service and restarting it. The tray icon indicates it's stopped, but cpu remains at 50%. I then can't restart the service until I re-boot.

In the time I've been composing this e-mail, I've seen it go to zero without any intervention from me and then a few minutes later back to approx 50%.

I read this thread Webstream server will not stop and tried both "fixes", to no avail.

I only noticed because my server fan was very noisy.

BTW: I had a similar problem a few years ago when VLC wouldn't stop after using the webstreaming option. Then, I had to log into the server and manually kill VLC.

Dominic

Edited by ddichiera

Thanks for that tip.

I've turned off "Keep libraries automatically updated". I'll see how that goes. Is there anything else I should do i.e. find the corrupt media file? (not sure how to)

Dominic

I think I found the corrupted files.

They're all the recordings made yesterday with 1.9.1.0, one of which is reporting as 35 mins long but should have been 1 hour and 35 mins. The log file shows the correct start and stop time (21:10 -22:45) but it only recorded for 35 mins. Another is only 16 mins long and should have been 90 mins; again, the log file shows the correct stop and start time.

I have four in total, the only ones made since updating RS to 1.9.1.0