New TV card and grapic card

Knut

Hi,

At the moment i have this cards:

Grapic/ video card: HIS Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3

Tv/Turner Card: TerraTec Cinergy C PCI& CI, HD-sup

And are running Windows 7 64bit

But i have som interruption om my channels so i want to buy new TV Card and video card, and see if it getting better.

Size i have cabet TV i use DVB-C(Cable-TV), with CI internal module. I would like to have a card with more than one turner to.

What are the best/hottest cards to buy, who work good with windows 7 64bit?? Pize doesent matter, i want this to run good :-)

Im useing DVBViewer and it looks like its running very good. HD channels to.

But somethimes i got interruption.

It not so often, it can be a minutte or so between the interruption.

Dont jump on so quickly to the idea of changing your hardware components. You already have a high-end graphic card. Tuner also from a good manufacturer.

Your problem could be due to:

1- Codecs poor performance. In Win7, by default windows own codecs are used. Replace these with Cyberlink or ArcSoft codecs.

2- Check for signal strenth on channels giving problem. Any "Signal Level" below 40% would become problematic. "Signal Quality" should be almost always 100%.

3- With Ku band, weather can also pose a problem. Heavily overcast sky & downpour would always interrupt signal.

I would like to have a card with more than one tuner

http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62357162.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=35852406

...can be configured as dual DVB-C or dual DVB-T tuner and expanded to even more tuners:

http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62357162.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62357162/Categories/Downloads/Dokumentation

Tuner also from a good manufacturer.

TerraTec is not the manufacturer. It's a relabeled AzureWave card that is known to deliver streams with occasional discontinuities (more or less or not at all - seems to depend on the mainboard)

3- With Ku band, weather can also pose a problem.

Quite unlikely with DVB-C... :whistle:

I have tryed with cyberlink codecs.

And i have cable TV so the signal is 98%

I dont know what to do, have tryed to adjust alot of settings.

Uninstalled and installed drivers.

One thing is a bit strange. First time i installed DVBViewer i had Cyberlink(terratec)drive.

But after i uninstalled all the drives and DVBViewer and terrateck etc.

And then installed again, i dont get Cyberlink(terratec)driveas a choose in DVBViewer.

Only Cyberlink POwer DVD10. Looks like terratec is gone, nut i got elgado instead.

Im not a expert at all, so i dont have to much knowlegde on this :-)

But i can try to get ArcSoft codecs

You could be seeing RF interference from within the PC case. I had periodic interference on pictures until I disabled the WLAN adaptor in my PC. Can the CI device be disabled to check?

Your hardware seems fine. Microsoft W7 codecs are OK too for HD video, though maybe not for audio.

Do you have hardware graphics acceleration enabled? You can use GPU-Z or similar utility to check loading while watching HD.

You could be seeing RF interference from within the PC case. I had periodic interference on pictures until I disabled the WLAN adaptor in my PC. Can the CI device be disabled to check?

I tryed to disable my ethernet connection in control panel. Im not sure if it is that you mean.

But it could bee interference as you say. My computer is not grounded, mayve i can try to do that. In norway we dont allways have grounded outlets. But i can also try to put some steel betweens the card inside the computer? Its look like it is the channels with hi bit rate, looks good but then get some small disturbence now and then.

Your hardware seems fine. Microsoft W7 codecs are OK too for HD video, though maybe not for audio.

Do you have hardware graphics acceleration enabled? You can use GPU-Z or similar utility to check loading while watching HD.

It the graphics accelertion the same as AMD overdrive who is in Catalyst Control Center??

On the Cyberlink POwer DVD program is it a hardware acceleration, and i have trye to turn off and on. But it maybe another place i should do it??

post-115227-0-40786300-1316639962_thumb.jpg

That loading is similar to my own, though it's mostly 50% or lower on a 9 Mbps stream - about the fastest I can get from satellite. My GPU is a bit slower than yours, only 450Hz maximum.

I watch or record HD channels quite a lot and while I often see thse picture issues, they are not present all the time. While doing that test this morning, I did see some "glitches" on the picture. When I went back to the channel later, after checking the codec settings, it was clear again. I had also moved my (motorised) satellite dish, so it's possible I hadn't been receiving the strongest signal. It's a nuisance that DVBViewer Pro doesn't provide Signal Quality. It's interesting that the GE application, based on an earlier Pro version, had a much lower GPU load, even with the same EVR/codec combination, and a higher "Video engine load".

I don't have another H264 video codec to compare with the Microsoft one, but it usually performs OK for me.

I wouldn't expect a wired Ethernet adaptor to cause interference, only radio devices, but it's a difficult area to investigate. Switching things off is the only practical way to search. If the case isn't grounded, then an external interference source could be a problem. You could try switching off or removing any obvious transmitters such as cell- or DECT phones - these transmit periodically to their base stations.

Edited by QBox User

I bypassed the receiver, and it looks better.

I have the HDMI from my TV card and direct to the TV.

So if it looks good after some time, im gonna use the optical cable from my tv to the receiver to get better sound.

Havent wached much yet, to time will tell

Good. The TV might not pass multi-channel sound. Mine converts audio input to stereo on its optical output so I connect the optical lead direct from PC to receiver.

• 3 months later...

I got a new TV card from digital devices, and now all the bad signals is gone.

I got a new TV to, and the picture when i use the cam straigt into the TV is better than the cam into the HTPC.

I guess i have to look nto the settings