Which DVB-C Card (USB, CI)?

coffeeborg

Hi,

I'm looking for a good USB DVB-C card with little or no problems with QAM64-256, drivers, CI overheating, x64 support.

Which card would you recommend for DVBViewer? TT CT-3650, Technisat Cablestar Combo or Terratec H7?

Best Regards,

coffeeborg

• 3 weeks later...

Technisat Cablestar Combo , this is awsome, i bough&play with it 2 weeks, then sell it because i'm very stupid sometimes. Image is the same an all dvbc, dvbt tuners from all i can see, but this technisat is stable, rock stable.

At that time with v4.3 DVBViewer in 2 weeks, no discontinuties, no errors, no nothing.

Price is 100euros, but on ebay or other sh website is like 60euros, at that money is best.

Terratec H7 is ok, but some users say it has problems with CI, if you do not use CI with your ISP, is ok.

TT CT-3650 also problems with Ci, from what i read on dvblink forum. is like when you click on an premium channel image does not came, you need to restart tuner or ci).

TT CT-3650 ( i do not know how good is their support)

Terratec support is bad, they have only an german forum, if i send them an email in english they do not replay.

But they have an good application, Terratec Home Cinema,looks awsome, but well... full os bugs, maybe in the future...

Terratec support is like Leadtek Support, when 10 years ago they didnt know english and their replays was comics.

Technisat support is ok, they respond to me quicly, and know english.

If i know well, all 3 are german producers, if you need an good dvbc tuner buy an german one.

Edited by bogdan1980
  • 3 weeks later...

well, a little review, what is your channel switch time on SD and HD channels, on differents transponders?

tks

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a Technisat Combo HD too.

But it's very instable.

My enviroment is an nvidia ion board with Interl Atom CPU

I'm not able to install the newest Driver from the Technisat website.

And my Driver CD in the box is Version 1.1

Can anyone help me out with newer Drivers for win 7 64-bit?

Wich type of OS are you using?