TT-S3200 LNB off

dolehaj

Hi, I found out that even DVBV version 4.9.0.0 didn't solve problem with missing possibility of switching off the LNB.

Is there any chance to add this option for TT-S3200/SS HD PCI card with BDA driver? I'm using w7 x64 and my tt driver version is 5.0.3.5.

I'm using Moteck V-BOX II for my big dish to prevent problems with high current for an actuator. But this device is still on while the power for LNB is present and I couldn't turn it off by hand or remote.

Currently I have to use a simple trick - disable and then enable (reinitialize) card driver in device manager to switch the LNB power off after shutting down the main program.

I'm sure there must be a method to reinicialize a driver programmaticaly during shutdown of DVBV.

However, everything else seems to work properly, thanks.

+100 :rolleyes:

I too would like this function, but programmers don't hasten to include it in updating.

Many programs supports such function.

for example by CrazyCat69:

just make 'fake' tune request with polarization=BDA_POLARISATION_NOT_DEFINED generic method, like technotrend, tevii and many other BDA drivers.
Edited by Antonio

I have recognized and reported this issue to TechnoTrend some years back. LNB voltage is switched off for the S2-3200 when the driver is loaded and switched on when the BDA device is initialized, but not switched off again when the BDA graph is torn down.

In the TT SDK it is not defined to execute a 'BDA_POLARISATION_NOT_DEFINED' tune request to switch off LNB voltage. And it is also not a common practice.

It's just what I was asking about - is it possible to reload device driver after BDA graph is already down? I know it's not a standard solution but who cares while it's working. At least until tt developers have finally realized that features like ON and OFF are quite usefull for every device. I would say even basic.

In the TT SDK it is not defined to execute a 'BDA_POLARISATION_NOT_DEFINED' tune request to switch off LNB voltage.

..why not give it a try, if somebody who is not the least expert in the field says that it works? Can't cause too much damage ;)

The same idea came to my mind this morning :)

I'd recommend to test the attached commandline tool, because if it works, the code will most likely also work in DVBViewer, and we can use it in future releases.

Basically BDA_LNB_Off.exe uses the same method as Antonio's tool (setting BDA_POLARISATION_NOT_DEFINED as polarisation), but provides the following commandline options for selecting the DVB-S device:

No commandline parameters: The first BDA DVB-S device listed in the DVBViewer hardware options is used. DVB-C/T devices are ignored.

-n, where n is a number (1, 2, 3...): The first, second, third... of the BDA DVB-S devices listed in the DVBViewer hardware options is used.

"Name": The name of the DVB-S device (as displayed in the DVBViewer hardware options) that shall be used. The quotations marks are mandatory if the name contains blanks! Devices with different names are ignored.

"Name" -n: The n'th device with the specified name is used.

Example:

BDA_LNB_Off.exe "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner" -2

will (hopefully) switch the LNB power of the second of two TechnoTrend DVB-S/S2 devices off.

If an error occurs (no matching device found, initialization failed etc.) you will hear a message beep.

BDA_LNB_Off.zip

Edited by Griga
Attachment replaced by a fixed version

I'm interested too but have a noob question first: How do I see if LNB power is switched off or not? I cannot access the Multiswitch I'm connected to if it has to be checked there.

How do I see if LNB power is switched off or not?

By disconnecting the antenna cable and using a multimeter for measuring the voltage. But be careful - don't short-circuit the inner conductor and the shielding (in case the LNB power has not been switched off)!

Guys, for me both utils WORK! BDA_LNB_Off.exe without and also with parameter.

Ok, so we can implement this LNB power off method for OMICOM S2 and TT 3200 cards. Feedback about other cards is welcome!

• 1 year later...

I noticed that my second DVB card is not switch off power.

Only the first in the list.

I use this command.cmd:

BDA_LNB_Off.exe "OMICOM S2 PCI" -1

BDA_LNB_Off.exe "OMICOM S2 PCI" -2

Probably identical name of the DVB device leads to this result???

I can't figure out what's going wrong.

Probably identical name of the DVB device leads to this result???

I don't think so. Your command clearly says "use the second one with this name", so the first one should be skipped. What does the -2 command do? Nothing at all? Or again LNB power off with the first device?

What happens if you perform the -1 and -2 commands separately / manually?

You can also try without names, just -1 and -2, because there are only two DVB-S devices in your PC.

What does the -2 command do? Nothing at all? Or again LNB power off with the first device?

command:

-LNB off on the first device only. :(

command:

-LNB off on the first device only. :(

You can also try without names, just -1 and -2

command:

BDA_LNB_Off.exe -1

BDA_LNB_Off.exe -2

-LNB off on both devices. it is Ok. :) I did not know that without names so too is possible. Thanks.

Edited by Antonio

Ok, I found the bug. The tool only evaluated the first commandline parameter. Hard to see: ParamStr(1) was supposed to be ParamStr(i) ;)

I've replaced the attachment above by a fixed version.

Fixed version well.:)

Both commands work now.

With the name of devices and without a name.

or

BDA_LNB_Off.exe -1

BDA_LNB_Off.exe -2