TeVii S470 usals problems

VACI_

Hello all,

I have problems with my setup and don't know how to solve.

My setup is winndows xp mce 2005 with tevii S470 PCIe and STAB HH100 (triax TD110) and DVBViewer 4.9.

HH motor behaves strange in combination with S470. If I configure my viewable satellites with Angular it dosen't move when I wish, but on it's own will.

If I connect normal SAT receiver HH100 goes to exact satellite by USALS.

In combination with S470 it doesn't like to move (it is not a problem with overcurrent, cause if I put Digisat sat finder with option to drive motor, there is no overcurrent issue, current which drives motor on the edges is about 400-450mA). Power supply is 350W. What I saw with sat finder connected, there is no LNB power when I wish to drive the dish on some satellite position with positioner console in transedit (LNB power comes only when I wish to analyze some transponder on the list, but sadly dish wasn't on right position and there are no channels finded). DVBViewer 4.2., transedit 3.7.2 and positioner console with hh100 worked well before (there was some problems and I wished to try newer version of DVBViewer 4.8 and transedit 3.8).

To check working of the DVBViewer and its diseqc commands I connected it to diseqc switch 1.0 2in1 and it works (Astra & HotBird), so I am confused. S470 has newest drivers from tevii (27.07.2011.).

To see what my problem is I attached support.zip file with my details.

support.zip

there is no LNB power when I wish to drive the dish on some satellite position with positioner console in transedit (LNB power comes only when I wish to analyze some transponder on the list, but sadly dish wasn't on right position and there are no channels finded).

It seems TeVii devices switch the LNB power off when the device is not used, and only switch it on again if tuning takes place resp. if the polarisation is set, which implies a certain LNB voltage. However, the Positioner Console doesn't tune anything. It just sends DiSEqC commands.

The driver should be clever enough to automatically switch the LNB power on if a DiSEqC command is to be sent. It doesn't make sense without LNB power. Unfortunately many driver developers only consider "normal" DVB applications, but not something like a Positioner Console.

Work-around for now: Use the Analyzer and the Positioner Console simultaneously. Tune some transponder, and then move the dish.

I already using this option, when transedit analyze transponder, but there is no effect, it seems that diseqc command don't go out from the card. I think it is software problem inside DVBViewer.

I also tried to control diseqc 1.1 switch, but without result, that leads me to conclude that there are some problems in communication DVBViewer - tevii card driver.

My wish is to have some advanced system which I can use for scanning the sky. I already have dBOX2 connected to 8LNB's, and in another location VU+duo with 2 fixed LNB's and one motorized dish to cover all the rest. I am not satisfied with small, I want everything what I can get with 110cm dish :-) .

DVBViewer with S470 should be to catch some egzotic sat's and feed's, so for now I am disapointed, cause I can't fullfil my idea.

Will try again, cause it also maked me crazy, sometimes worked, sometimes didn't.

I remembered now what happened yesterday, my HH100 moved from position to position, I think it moved from one position to another only to the west, I think that my command was 13°E and after some time (what I noticed is that motor after some time goes to needed position) I went outside to see what is going on and saw that dish was moving to the west, to mee I think that DVBViewer was checking signals on all satellites configured with angular diseqc setting.

Usals diseqc commands are not right, that is what I can conclude, didn't try go to function cause moving dish manualy also didn't work for me.

• 1 month later...

Here we go again with some new knowledge.

After doing some testing with transedit 3.7.2 there are no some improvements.

MyTeVii was also used for testing as a application and HH100 was movig the dish after some time (it wasn't doing quick response after changing satellite), time was varying.

Finnally I tried with some silly idea, I connected second HH motor (STRONG 2100) in the path of the satellite cable (TeVii S470, 2meters of cable, HH Strong, 20meters of cable to STAB HH100 and cable to LNB) to see what happens after changing satellite and I saw imidiatly response with DVBViewer application. Changing of channels on different satellites was quick, as it should be. There is no delay, I am satisfied with response and working. Obviously TeVii has enough power to drive both motors. Transedit which I am using now is 3.8.1. Let clarify something this problem was solved with 3.7.2 and after testing I updated to 3.8.1. Now I can see that motor is doing requested and I can watch wished satellite.

When I was searching the problem, I founded with my graphical multimeter that diseqc level on the output of tevii is too high (maybe have some overvoltage and the input of HH100 can't amplifie signal correctly, dieqc should have 0,6Vss +/-0,2V) and with more load signal is between tolerances. Correct value of diseqc level I will capture after some more testing, now I know what I should capture.

Also another remark that with MyTevii application I don't have same response, it is slower than with DVBViewer. I know that is a difference with moving the dish with horizontal polarization and vertical polarization. Horizontal has 18V and provide faster moving of the motor. MyTevii has slower response as application, that is what I mean.

So I can conclude that driver isn't a problem, but hardware (TeVii S470).

After some more testing I will give the results here.

thank you griga for your help