Horrible BSOD in my new system

zortan

I just finish my new PC,

mainboard A75ud4h with latest bios

cpu AMD llano 3850

4x2 Gb DDR3 1833

Technothrend TT3200

Terratec cinergy PCI

Windows 7x64 updated until today (SP1 installed obvious)

All drivers installed (last release.

problem: when DVBViewer try to access to the tt3200 i get always a BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", always and repetitively. The OS see properly the card, the DVBViewer also, but if i try to tune a channel or start a search BOOM.

So i remove the cinergy card: nothing changes

i change PCI slot: nothing changes

I really do not understand why this happen.

Note that cinergy card is properly seen and works with DVBViewer.

Problem appear solved.

it's incredible but i have the idea to clean up teh pc using ccleaner for clean also registry and all begins to work.

I'm totally surprised. Normally ccleaner make some improvement to the boot speed but not fixes drivers or such like that.

• 2 weeks later...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means to much overclock, bad ram. try am dos memtest.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I had exactly the same problem 6 months agoo with my new PC (MB Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe, core i7-870, Graphic card Asus EAH5750, 2x2GB DDR3 kingston RAM) DVBViewer 4.2.1 (OR ANY OTHER DVB SOFTWARE),

in conjunction with TECHNOTREND S2-3200 PCI Sat Card ONLY: with Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T PCI card NO PROBLEM AT ALL !

I wrote to Technotrend for an updated driver but they told me that probably was a power issue. So I bought a 700Watt power supply but nothing changed: reset and/or bsod. Tried also another RAM (always DDR3 Kingstone) but

nothing changed.

I tried both on xp sp3 and a fresh win7 32bit install: the problem still here...

so I decided to keep my old PC (Quad core q9550. MB Asus p5k) !!

I never understood what was the problem, I suspect a driver issue of the S2-3200 with latest MB chipsets.

Cheers

L.

Edited by lighttear