DVB Demo version

BWR

Software: For the purpose of evaluation, I am using a Windows Vista PC with a PCTV nanoStick (73e) USB Terrestrial Tuner and I am in the UK and receive digital transmission from the Rowridge transmitter. I have updated the drivers for the PCTV tuner stick

The software downloaded and installed successfully. The program recognises and identifies the PCTV USB tuner. The channel scan indicates that the signal strength is good. The channel scan proceeds through the expected bands. But no TV channels are found in spite of repeated attempts

User Manual: In spite of repeated attempts to download this on 2 different machines, all I get is the table of contents on the left hand side but no actual detail. All it says is "Navigation to web page was cancelled"

• Like 1

Vista has probably blocked access to the help file. When you download a file, by default it remains blocked until you open up its properties and click on "Unblock". It should then be readable.

What are you using to scan? It's normal to use the TransEdit utility and to select or add a file with your transmitter's frequencies. Copy the following to an empty text file called "DVBT_Rowridge.ini" or similar

[sATTYPE]
1=5000
2=UK: Rowridge

[DVB]
0=6
1=578000,8,|C34 Mux 1
2=562200,8,|C32 Mux 2
3=545800,8,|C30 Mux A
4=530200,8,|C28 Mux B
5=602200,8,|C37 Mux C
6=570200,8,|C33 Mux D

then save it to the Transponders folder. TransEdit should then be able to load it and scan.

OK. Maybe I am just being thick

Regarding TransEdit - I don't know what this is and it is not listed in the download section.

The list of files in the Transponder folder is much greater than the list offered when you do a scan using the Wizard or subsequently from the pull-down menu in DVB program (demo version). To overcome this, I modified one of the files that is listed - DVBT_UK_Mendip with the data for Rowridge. Then select this file for the scan - but the frequencies it uses are still those for Mendip - so there must be another list somewhere

But even using what seems to be a general European list for all the frequencies, it still fails to find any channels although the signal strength bar looks quite strong

So not a very good attempt at a start

Well the Transponderfiles which are listed in the programfolder are only for backup, the real files are located in the settings. This is caused by the right management of windows. You find the location easily if you select the configfolder menu item under help inside the DVBViewer. Anyway if you use DVB-T there is no need to use transponder lists at all (except if you want to speed up the scanning procedure).

Transedit can be found only inside the members section and is intended for those users who know what they can do with it ;)