Unicode star bug DVBViewer 4.9

majstang

Did notice a potential bug on the newest DVBViewer 4.9 version.

Unicode stars are no longer being displayed on EPG Window, but are fine on the OSD control menu.

EPG Window

popup OSD menu

Edited by majstang
  • 2 months later...

On the contrary this bug seem to stem from the Recording Service and seem to be standby/hibernation related. The star-ratings on the fileinfo on Timeline fails after a number (can't say how many) wake-ups from hibernation. Since DVBViewer 4.9 uses this fileinfo the star-ratings fails there as well. Stopping and restarting RS doesn't help. Only way to get the fileinfo back in order is to reboot.

Before reboot:

After reboot:

Nope, something else must be triggering the fileinfo unicode failure. Im now into 8 consecutive hibernation wake-up cycles (without reboot inbetween) and still no trace of failure.

• 3 months later...

The intermittent Unicode star symbol failure in the DVBViewer EPG details window is still there on v.4.9.6.

The same problems in RS Timeline seem to be fixed since some versions back, haven't seen it since installing RS 1.9.3 I think.

Would be great if you could fix the problem in DVBViewer as well, cuz it has been there for a very long time now.

As you see in the picture the problem is only located to the epg details window. The stars symbols displays ok on OSD, EPG TV Guide tab and EPG (EPG tab).

Regards

majstang

Have you tried another font for the details? Maybe the font used doesn't have this symbol... the other stuff seems to be correct. especially the ° over the a indicates correct unicode handling.

Don't think changing fonts would do any difference since the unicode stars isnt part of the system charset. I'm also using the same font in the EPG (TV Guide tab) and EPG (EPG tab) and the stars displays well there. I'll do some testing anyway.

There you can change the fonts. The field might use another font than the treeviews.

No, not for the field where the stars should be displayed. Channel/Date, Title and Desciption is changeable but it does not affect the stars field. I think i have a theory for this issue. The reason for the unicode stars not being displayed should be the chars used for star-rating before was ANSI encoded. They looked nothing similar to what unicode stars does if my memory serves me right. You could study them here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/20539-xepg/page__view__findpost__p__332715

The display of the stars does depend on the font. The font of the subtitle (Stars) is the same as the description font.

Yes, you are right! Going through the description font list the only one I could find abled to display the stars was "Segoe UI" and "Segoe UI Symbol", everyone else fails. Thanks for the support :)