HTTPServer versus NTDLL.DLL

replab_robin

I have 4.9 installed and am trying to use the HTTPServer. On the client machine

I can see the initial pages fine and can browse epg etc etc.

However, when I try to stream I see the following message on the server PC

"The procedure entry point NtAlpSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

the DVBViewer starts up, but I don't see any stream on the client browser.

I do have VLC on the server PC, but the server is running XP sp3 and

I checked (with depends.exe) that there is no entry point of that name

in the NTDLL.dll in \windows\system32.

Is this a need for windows vista/7? Most other DVBViewer things seem to run fine with XPsp3.

Looking in the Streaming config for the channels I see that both the transcoding check boxes are unselected.

As I test I checked both and hit "Start Stream". I now see a popup on the PC that says

"The application has failed to start because libvlccore.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem."

again the DVBViewer does start up.

so perhaps I don't have VLC properly installed on the PC or perhaps it's not on the path etc etc. Looked and see that I have vlc-1.1.11-win32.exe installed on 20111008. I tried putting the VLC dir "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" on the global system path. Then things get better on the client and I see the browser declaring that a plugin is missing. I suppose I need to load up a vlc or vlc plugin on the remote pc.

I then retried and after the PATH change I no longer get the error related to NTDLL.dll. Not sure exactly why that should be.

"The procedure entry point NtAlpSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

Is this a need for windows vista/7? Most other DVBViewer things seem to run fine with XPsp3.

Seems indeed that NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort was introduced with ALPC in Vista. A bit stranger is the missing c in your error message. If you cut & paste the message could be some problem with a wrong function binding.

Jochen

Looking in the Streaming config for the channels I see that both the transcoding check boxes are unselected.

Do you press the direct streaming button? There is a difference. Start Direct streaming (the first button on the streaming config page) streams directly without VLC as a transcoder/streamer.

If you use the "Start stream" button (at the bottom of the streamconfig page) VLC is responsible for streaming the content to the client (even if both transcoding checkboxes are unchecked.

JMS: those messages are hand typed because no cut and paste from windows alert boxes :(

Lars_MQ: I must be missing something. I am not seeing the direct streaming button. Anyway I was pressing the "Start Stream" button.

In the configuration for the stream I see the port number is 3335, but am not seeing any activity on that port when I try with an external vlc (ie embedded off).

Seems chrome has no plugin for vlc on arch linux so I'm trying non-embedded.

If I activate the netstreaming plugin and then use the same port number 2345 in the remote machine then I can use external vlc on the arch linux remote and have good video and sound on my msi wind netbook. The vlc on the windows xp server is 1.1.11 and on the arch linux machine it is 1.1.12 so the 0.86i version only comment seems wrong.

I am having difficulty getting embedded vlc in the chromium browser to work though. It would also be nice to allow the streaming to work without starting the interface on the XP server.

Well I am using the HTTPServer and controlling the channel etc with the web, but I think I am not getting the DVBViewer to activate a stream so you may be right about the version for that purpose. I expected the HTTPServer to start up DVBViewer and ask it to start streaming with the HTTPServer Stream Config IP, but I am not seeing that (I think). When I start the stream in the web interface I see a pause/flashing on the DVBViewer, but don't seem to be seeing the ip stream on the expected port.

Using Process explorer I see that HTTPServer is making use of libvlc.dll and libvlccore.dll so HTTPServer is at least trying to make use of VLC, but presumably it's not able to make stuff stream to the right port or something.

OK after carefull inspection of the netstat -a output on the server box I think I have found that the HTTPServer is working, but is using a port number of 2349. I have looked all over for where that is set and finally found it in webstreaming.ini stored at

C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\webstreaming.ini

It's a pity that can't be sent to the web pages, but there's a separate HTTPServer.ini.

Anyhow I guess that the latest VLC does work with HTTPServer.

On the server PC (XP) I can get firefox to put the stream into a web page (embedded) or run vlc externally to pick up the stream at http://host:2349. On my remote arch linuxen I have to run the stream externally.