zortan

My system is composed in that way:

Mobo A75ud4h gigabyte

CPU A3850

PSU antec phantom

8GB ram 1833

Cinergy HT PCI card for DVBT

TT3200 for DVBS

Actually the TT3200 has been removed because of it causes BSOD on my system, it looks that the card is broken or not compatible with the hardware.

My actual problem is that i cannot understand what kind of codec to use, for have a good system.

With the classic FFDshow i cannot make the system to work good, if i set up the codec and i press "apply" all begin to work properly, but when i chanhe channel a lot of times screen remains black. So i reopen the "option->directx" menu, i re-press apply (after making the button pushable because if u dont make modifications is grey) and then it works another time.

I try a lot of combinations of codecs, i try also to configure it exactly like my old winXP system but the problem still occour.

I try also the last version of cyberlink codec. Very good quality view but problems still occour.

Sometime the problem is fixed also by closing and opening thye DVBViewer.

My question is easy: i have configured all like explained in the wiki here : http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_DirectX

i have selected 32 bit codecs

i have selected the EVR Custom Video Renderer

i disable the "use custom renders" flag (it want to use directx9, not present in win7x64)

Do you have some suggestion for this ?

Someone got a good combination of codec for win7x64 ?

I would recommend Cyberlink Video Decoder (download and install the trial of PowerDVD, no need to buy it) for Standard Def and DivX (ditto) for High Def. They work well for me. Failing that, the built-in MS codecs do work. Also 'Use custom renderers' is OK here on Win7x64.

I see the black screen that you talk about from time to time and have found that clicking 'View' then 'Rebuild graph' fixes it.

Edited by SimonP

yes, i have the cyberlink codecs, a lot of it installed with the demo version of power cinema, they are superb in quality but i do not have solved the problem.

each time i change channel the problem is always present, clicking on the "rebuild graph" feature looks to fix it about 50% of times.

I cannot also understand why, after i boot the pc the first lauch of DVBViewer crash. At the seond launch it works...

Maybe check your display card drivers but it sounds as if you might want to think about re-installing Windows as both Win7 and DVBv are normally very stable.

Maybe check your display card drivers but it sounds as if you might want to think about re-installing Windows as both Win7 and DVBv are normally very stable.

i think this is the solution, drivers are last availble version and all settings was checked like suggested, also the video detection.

No change.. however with cyberlink codecs is much more stable (FFdshow causes freezes on DVBViewer and this is a nonsense)

Or maybe the APU Llano is relatively new, and drivers will be updated soon..

FFDShow is all crap in DVB....

The Cyberlink 11 is excellent but need, so far I now, one trick to make it work in DVBViewer...

Or available from sulfurous website forbidden to link here...

The defaut video MCE codec is nice too for both H264/mpeg....

Some settings(sharpen) are necessary in the AMD vision center to get the better of it...They have similar FFDShow post process effect.

Vector adaptative should be checked.

I don't know exactly wich serie 6 ATI graphic is integrated in this APU.

In some basic version such HD 6450, it is neeeded to uncheck "enforce smooth video playback" to get the rest of the settings available.

With the HD6450, the defaut setting look horrible...

No problem on HD 6670...

You have just to download the audio/video codec Lavfilter for audio. just need to check in the properties, HDMI/SPDIF to get AC3/E-AC3 and much more through HDMI/SPDIF...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

Edited by trifon33