Time Zone chang handling

uglyned

In previous years, time zone changes have been handled just about OK. All my timers have the wrong start time, so after the time zone change (like this morning) I just delete them all and do a new autotimer and, as they're almost all auto generated, back they came with the correct time.

not this year though. I tried that a couple of times and they were still created with the wrong time, all through today. In the end I had to stop and start the service, then it started creating timers at the right time.

In previous years, time zone changes have been handled just about OK. All my timers have the wrong start time, so after the time zone change (like this morning) I just delete them all and do a new autotimer and, as they're almost all auto generated, back they came with the correct time.

not this year though. I tried that a couple of times and they were still created with the wrong time, all through today. In the end I had to stop and start the service, then it started creating timers at the right time.

I miss one recording... Damn, good one...

I have to restart recservice, remove all timers and do new epg-search, service show wrong epg before restart.

Maybe service could send alarm pop-up every year, when time change?

"CAUTION I WILL DESTROY YOUR RECORDINGS!!!"

Edited by janip

As for me, all EPG had double lines - 2 entries for every programme. Updating EPG in Recsvc did not help, but all these bad lines eventually disappeared by the evening.

Luckily I did not have to set any recordings. But anyway, you should use something more reliable, like Unix timestamps, to avoid these DST issues.

I found that 3 timers originating from searches were 1 hour late, as if there had been no clock change, but 2 weekly scheduled timers (source: web) on the same day were on time. RS was not re-started over this period.

Would search timers use a different 'clock' to the scheduled ones? New Auto-search timers have been created with correct times.