DVBViewer Pro 4.9 discontinuities

StanleySK

I have a problem with image and sound freezing on SD channels UPC Direct located on Thor 5/6, Intelsat 10-02 satellite.

Signal strength is about 78%, but DVBViewer filter (3.5.5) shows too many discontinuties.

For testing purposes I have used channel CT24 (FTA). Is someone willing, with relevant configuration like me, to test this?

My configuration:

-----------------

DVBViewer Pro version 4.9

TV card: TechniSat Skystar 2 TV PCI

WDM drivers version 4.6.0 from www.technisat.com

I have also installed DVBViewer TE2 (version 1.0.4.101 included in driver package) - works without problem.

support.zip

the old SS2 can't cope with high bandwidth multiplexes. DVB-S2 can't be received with your card anyway but even these DVB-S transponders (e.g. 11804V, 28000, 7/8) are above the limit. Though with WDM driver you can reduce the rate by using hardware filters :)

Options -> hardware -> uncheck "open whole transponder"

the old SS2 can't cope with high bandwidth multiplexes. DVB-S2 can't be received with your card anyway but even these DVB-S transponders (e.g. 11804V, 28000, 7/8) are above the limit. Though with WDM driver you can reduce the rate by using hardware filters :)

Options -> hardware -> uncheck "open whole transponder"

Thank you for help. Problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting i have a skystar 2 card aswell and am using the bda drivers, i had problems with BBC HD when it was still in dvb-s , no problem with ITV HD though or very little ; so you say these discontinuities problems are all related to bandwidth ??

these discontinuities problems are all related to bandwidth ??

Most likely. The BDA driver is a bad choice for the SkyStar 2/S2, because it doesn't support hardware PID filtering. Use the WDM/NDIS driver (plus Technisat software, it must be installed in this case) and make sure that "Open whole transponder" is unticked in the hardware options. Then eveything will be fine :)

I don't think so. Prior to switching to DVB-S2 there were mainly 2 different modulation parameter sets on 28E. Both DVB-S either with 22000, 5/6 or 27500, 2/3. Both are far below the critical limit of the SS2 ;)

It depends on the SkyStar 2 hardware revision. Old versions were not able to handle two TV channels plus null packets without heavy discontinuities. And consider the PCI bandwidth and PCI latencies. With hardware PID filtering the SS2 is less prone to such issues.