IP changing

bogdan1980

I have dinamic ip, that change every time i restart my router.

Let's say i have ip 192.168.0.198, router restart from an power failure, now ip is 192.168.0.195, but in DVBViewer ip is stil the old one.

When ip change, DVBViewer do not start at all.

I tried open DVBViewer without dvb rec service, no go.

I want to change ip in unicast, but i cant open DVBViewer to do that.

What to do?

just start the DVBViewer in debug mode or with the -c commandline. Then it will not try to tune a channel and you should be able to change the IP. Instead of the ip you could use the computers network name -> see windows settings for it.

i will try out debug or -c.

After an restart, i start up DVBViewer, after some time( 10 minutes) DVBViewer window appear, and i could acces my options.

i could use manual ip, with dhcp off in router, but i like to have my ip automatically allocated.

tks, problem solved.

Edited by bogdan1980

i could use manual ip, with dhcp off in router, but i like to have my ip automatically allocated.

In a good router you can mix booth modi, you can use DHCP-on, and at the same time you can assign IP-Adresses to your device what you daily use, i use ..001-..049 for automatic use and all above i use with assigning in the DHCP-table in the router over the mac-adress. So every time my computers have the same ip-adress, an if i use new devices the get their adress over dhcp automaticly.

PeterF