Technisat SkystarHD2 Freezes randomly a few seconds

Hello. I can't get my SkystarHD2 to work correctly, it just freezes randomly after a few seconds. After that if I close and restart DVBV it just can't get any signal at all. I have to restart the computer to get a signal again. Sometimes this doesn't happen and there's no freezes at all but this happens much less often. I have the latest drivers for my integrated graphics chipset (Radeon HD3300), latest DX and latest SkystarHD2 driver (1.3). Also, another card I have is working correctly without freezes at all.

I have tried turning off AMD's Cool n' Quiet CPU setting as per suggestion on another thread here but same result.

Almost forgot, I'm using Microsofts codecs that came with Win7, are these problematic ?

So resuming, I'm getting mad here can someone please help me out, maybe this is a hardware problem, I was advised the SkystarHD2 is a bad card but I didn't want to listen, but I still want to give it a change and try to solve things.

Regards

José

• 1 month later...