Unable to stream correctly some HDTV to PS3

Etienne

Hi,

This WE I tested the first time the recording service with PS3.

All is working fine for SDTV and 720 p HDTV.

But for some 1080i HDTV channels, there are some problemes, comming from Broadcasters.

examples:

Servus TV HD works correctly with PS3

BBC HD diden't work .

When I save a record from BBC HD on harddisk, I have exactly the same problem with PS3 and file reading

Without recording, I add then some spécial PS3 descriptors with TSmuxer to the PMT, then I can read the file!

My question:

How to fix that with SR for live HD 1920 i TVs ?

Is it possible without recoding on the fly with VLC ( simply remux) or with a external tool ?

• 2 weeks later...

No response ...

Is it possible via TsMuxer command line ?

I saw some things like that on Ps3Mediaserver site.

Channels that are not playing are BBC HD / BBC1 HD from sat 28E and others from DTT HD.

Transcoding HD on-the-fly would require a very powerful pc. You'd better get yourself another mediaplayer ;) Do you have all audio tracks and ttx/subtiltles activated? If yes, try with a single audio track.

Thanks for reply Derrick.

Problems comes not from subtitles and/or secondarys audios etc, but from Video H264 track.

As I described below, TsMuxer diden't transcode the H264 part of the stream ( the Nal units )

It insert / re-order SEI in Access Unit of the stream, nothing more. This tool can't reencode, so it diden't touch Slice Datas, NALs etc.

This task have a very low cpu usage, and TSMuxer can do it on the fly because it does it in Ps3mediaserver at very low CPU ressources.

Did you try theses channels by yourself ?

Perhaps nobody have a PS3 in this forum...

I don't know if Xbox have same error, if somebody can repply to me ?

I haven't a TV with UPnP inside .

On my ADSL box, there is a UPnP menu too, but it's build for file play. It plays theses streams , but because there is no end of file, it continously show a frame saying 'open file ...." or somthing like that over the video playing ...

There is same situation with file reading mode and PS3, so the analysis can be do offline

Edited by Etienne
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Etienne,

last weekend I tried also to connect to a PS3, but it´s not working.

I would be absolute glad if you could tell me how you managed to get the stream to the PS3.

Kindest Regards

Dik