dvbviewer stops when dvbservice start

xino_gasco

Hello, I have problems withthe service dvb recording and playback of DVBViewer ....

situaacion try to put in ...

I have a HTPC with two HVR-4000 HVR-4400 and the debviewer ..... works fine without installing the recording service, but when I install the dvb recording service stops working well ....

suddenly at DVBViewer (if the service is started recording) stops GET WITH signal falls to 0% and after a while, more or less at five minutes or more times and everything returns normal signal up to five or ten minutes later. ...

I'm doing wrong so I would not work .... and I want to do is possible ...

of the three tarjeatas, the hvr4400 is the one I use in the DVBViewer, the other two I have them as not using .....

while in the configuration of the recording I have put the other two and do not use the hvr4400 ...

Please I need help ... took more than two months trying things and reading things but I can not know it ....

thank you all for your future help, and thanks too to the creators of this wonderful program ...

a hug from Spain .....

By the way, a translation of the Spanish dvb recording service would not be bad ... think that after the Chinese is the most spoken language .... jajajajajaja

thanks ...

Edited by xino_gasco

DVBViewer stanby and the signal show 0% fews minutes after start dvb recording server....

the hvr 44000 is prefered for DVBViewer and the two hvr4000 in not used in the config of DVBViewer. In the configure of the recording service, the hvr4400 is in not used an the others 4000 are in normal o prefered....

what's hapened?

what i don't configure well?

The Recording Service setup is not easy for a first-timer to understand, even with English as a first language. The easiest mistake is to leave the DVBViewer hardware settings in conflict with the RS settings. It sounds as if this is what is happening.

I'm not sure if the Unicast devices are tied to specific RS devices. I would just make all DVBViewer devices "Do not use" and let them use the Unicast devices through RS hardware.

Since your setup is quite complicated (3 satellite and 3 terrestrial tuners?), please post a copy of your settings using the instructions at the top of each forum page (at "Please READ!"). It will be much easier for others to help if they can see your configuration files.

[Edit:post crossed with previous one]

Edited by QBox User

when I get home, about 4:00 +- you about the support and helping me .. ok?

this afternoon I'll be online all day if we can solve the problem ...

the idea that I have, is to watch TV on my home laptop, and even if the ps3 can

I suggest you follow the instructions Tjod linked to where you learn how to setup the unicast devices. According to your support.zip you havent done that step yet, meaning RS (streamserver) has nothing to connect to in DVBViewer (streamclient).

DVBViewer setup instructions

As I understand it, DVBViewer Pro as a client can only use one Unicast device at a time, so should only need one of each type (satellite and terrestrial), but the instructions say to create one for each hardware device, so that would be 3 of each, 6 in total. Maybe I am wrong and there IS a direct association with each device.

I think you may also have blocked the HTPC client from receiving server streams. In service.xml:

<entry name="IPBlacklist">192.168.0.2;127.0.0.1;77.229.205.81;</entry>

You may need to remove at least the local loopback address (127.0.0.1) from that list. (Service Options - Web/UPnP)

not if I do well or do not make myself clear ...

begin by parts.

I have a computer in the living room with satellite three cards: two and a hvr4400 hvr4000.

My intention is to see the satellite at all my home computers, two laptops and a PC in addition to which is connected to the TV.

So my intention is that the hvr4400 since it is faster is always the use of the room .... htpc and serve the other two cards to see TV on the laptop or the other pc ...

dvbserver alone with me works well, but looking at the options available to the recording service, I want to use this program ... and that could tell if I record one show while watching another ... and more things ...

Therefore, if someone could help me set up my installation, to view my tv in the other pcs and giving me the opportunity to take advantage of this great utility ....

Please I need help ... I have been all the Finder and I did not succeed ....

I supposedly set up with all the DVBViewer do not use cards like ....

and created a unicast card for each of the cards I get in the DVBViewer's hardware option ... a total of six or seven if I add a DVB-T USB ...

later in the configuration of dvbservice set my normal cards ...

dvbserver set the option ... and it seems to work ... more or less ....

I can tune in portable channels with DVBViewer

I do not see any channel and see if you suddenly stop a while and it makes me not receiving signal ....

please help

repeat: follow the instructions!

All hardware devices have to be assigned to the RS only. In all DVBViewer installations (including the local DVBViewer on the server pc) these hardware devices (your tv cards) have to be set to don't use and be replaced by logical devices that will connect to the RS.

Perhaps it is because you have blacklisted the local DVBViewer Pro client in the RS setup - see my post above. Clear the IP Blacklist entries until you get it working.

My assumption is you have this:

HTPC

Recording Service - enable all hardware devices

DVBViewer Pro - all hardware devices "Do not use" - only Unicast devices - this would be normal set-up

Other computers

Web browser access to RS

and Streaming client (vlc or equivalent)

or DVBViewer Pro with Unicast devices

If you want the HTPC to have exclusive use of the HVR4400 device, then it should be possible (according to the Wiki)

http://en.DVBViewer...._Hardware#State

• Do not use excludes the selected device from being used by the DVBViewer Recording Service.

This can be useful, if you want to use the device in the DVBViewer or in the DVBServer.

Then, HTPC

RS - HVR4400 - Do not use

D-Pro - HVR4400 - Preferred (first choice over RS-controlled Unicast devices); other devices "Do not use"

But you should try it out the simpler, first way before making that change.

In my limited experience, streaming to other PCs needs fast network connections, especially for HD channels. Standard Wi-Fi or "Homeplug" devices may not be fast enough. You can get faster Homeplug devices designed for video. LAN cable is always best.