Can't watch 2 channels on same transponder with 1 tuner.

aboshan

Hello Everybody,

My first post here. I bought DVBViewer 4.9 PRO yesterday, as it was stated that I should be able to record or watch 2 channels at the same time, as long as they are on the same transonder. Sadly, this is not the case.

DVB vers.: 4.9 pro + VCR plugin (latest).

DVB-S2 card: Terratec Cinery S2 PCI + CI.

CAM: Astoncrypt latest firmware.

When switching from one channel (which I am recording) to another (even unencrypted) on the same transponder, a message pops up "no hardware available".

Allright, in the hardware section I create a dummy unicast tuner which I connect to localhost (priority lower than main tuner).

Now when I switch channels, I don't have the message anymore, however, but the channel freezes. When I select the original channel from the channellist again (the one I was recording), playback resumes.

When I switch of the main tuner (do not use), and only use the unicast dummy, everything works fine so apparently the unicast tuner is properly configured.

I can watch and record at the same time with mediaportal, so my hardware should be capable of that.

Am I missing something?

I read in the wiki's this was possible?

I feel a bit disillusioned by the fact, for once, to have bought software for a feature which isn't working.

If I need to post any logs, feel free to tell me. I looked for a sticky but couldn't find one.

Any help would be really appreciated.

When switching from one channel (which I am recording) to another (even unencrypted) on the same transponder, a message pops up "no hardware available".

Is the first channel encrypted?

Go to the channel editor and compare the transponder data of the two channels in question. E.g. different DiSEqC settings will let DVBViewer assume that the channels are located on different transponders.

Is the first channel encrypted?

Go to the channel editor and compare the transponder data of the two channels in question. E.g. different DiSEqC settings will let DVBViewer assume that the channels are located on different transponders.

Tried both with first channel encrypted and unencrypted, same result.

Allright I'll check channel properties tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!