EPG Collection 19.2e

remlap

Hi, I am experiencing some problems getting a full EPG to collect on 19.2e certain channels will only populate EPG if I view them from the Recording Service while others will not populate at all VIVA and Nick/Comedy Central.

Is there a fix for this, having gaps in my EPG is annoying.

Thanks

Viva and Nick - both German and Austrian versions - don't seem to broadcast Event Information. TransEdit lists nothing against their service IDs in the EI Tables. Some other channels are the same.

Getting EPG to show up in the right places is a little tricky. The Channel Editor has several settings. I haven't found any documentation but this is my understanding of how it works.

"Exclude from EPG" checkbox - untick if you want the channel to appear in EPG. There's an option setting to have this either way if adding new channels in TransEdit, so you need to edit each channel individually to change from default.

"EPG" button controls collection of EPG from 3 sources:

- DVB EPG - tick to collect from standard EI Tables; when this is enabled, the transponder will be added to the RS EPG Update task

- SFI, MHW(+) EPG - tick to collect data from Siehfern, MediaHighway, (Freesat) streams on specific transponders; only about 20 or so TV channels on 19.2E carry data over Siehfern

- External EPG - tick to collect data from Recording Service - lack of this may be the reason for data appearing in RS but not DVBViewer Pro.

So, for every channel you want to appear, the appropriate settings have to be ticked. You would need "DVB" or "SFI" plus "External", but it may be simplest to select all 3 (or ignore SFI, which is not always up to date). You can change them by group (e.g. at root level for the satellite), though the more data you collect, the longer the EPG file will take to load on DVBViewer Pro startup.

DVBViewer Pro may not update EPG automatically unless you re-start or reload via the RS Options.