Status bar explained

Dal

Is there some place where I can read what all the information in the status bar is?

I have searched both the online help file and the wiki, but cannot find such information.

For example, I have a green bar that says 100% in it. But what is it? Is it the signal strength? Signal quality? SNR?

Thank you.

It's not explained, but the layout is shown here:

Status bar (in German)

For DVBViewer Pro, the green bar indicates signal strength, at least with all my devices. If yours shows 100%, then it's probably using a terrestrial tuner. Clicking on it may reveal signal quality with some devices, but it's just blank on mine. Click again to show percentage time elapsed, and again to show time remaining (hh:mm).

DVBViewer GE has a better status display. The tooltips show the meanings of each element when you hover the cursor. These are:

Signal Quality

Remainig Time (actual spelling!)

Elapsed Time

Time of Day

All times are hh:mm:ss

Edited by QBox User

It's not explained, but the layout is shown here:

Status bar (in German)

For DVBViewer Pro, the green bar indicates signal strength, at least with all my devices. If yours shows 100%, then it's probably using a terrestrial tuner. Clicking on it may reveal signal quality with some devices, but it's just blank on mine. Click again to show percentage time elapsed, and again to show time remaining (hh:mm).

DVBViewer GE has a better status display. The tooltips show the meanings of each element when you hover the cursor. These are:

Signal Quality

Remainig Time (actual spelling!)

Elapsed Time

Time of Day

All times are hh:mm:ss

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I use DVB-C (Cable). I also have a blank line when I click on it, so that's probably signal quality with me too. Which is a shame, because that's exactly the info I was looking for, since I have experienced problems with the signal the past few weeks, where the Signal Strenght indicator goes from 100% to below 20% from time to time, making glitches in both video and audio.

Is there a way to measure signal strength on a computer, then?

Thanks again.

Is there a way to measure signal strength on a computer, then?

Dunno for you card, but you can check signal errors in DVB Source Property window -> right clik on live screen / View / Filters / DVB Source...

For all explanations about DVB Source filter please look here

:bye:

TransEdit shows signal quality in the Analyser window.

As noted, DVBViewer GE also shows it in status bar. You can download it from the members area.

My satellite tuner shows either 98% or 20% for strength. The latter usually means the LNB is not connected - i.e. a cable break leading to loss of power.