Lost my S2 channels from 0.8W

McenterFreak

Hello

I had my configuration working fine for years, but suddenly i cant watch any channels from sattelite.

Tried with differen Conax CAM modules. Exchanged my subscription card, but no luck

I can communicate with the CAM, via Show Cam

Signal strength is about 60%

..if it was ok before, you must have changed something. I suspect that your firedtv-s2 is getting the entire mux which is too much for this card on some of the 1W transponders. Uncheck -> "open whole transponder" in the hardware settings (of the recording service).

Hello

I had my configuration working fine for years, but suddenly i cant watch any channels from sattelite.

Tried with differen Conax CAM modules. Exchanged my subscription card, but no luck

I can communicate with the CAM, via Show Cam

Signal strength is about 60%

look here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/47753-hd-channels-with-high-symbrates-dissapeared-from-08w/

Almost same thing happend here, but not all S2 (HD) channels, dissapeared night between Saturday and Sunday last week, after I worked with new codec, but only on the new PC..

First I was sure it had something to do with that, but you know how can a changed codec on one PC stop another PC from working.. ? :)

Weednesday also DR1 dissapeared totally, but DR2, same transponder, was still there!!

Really it was weird, Thursday 6'ern+ Silver dissapeared, and I lost ANY contact with the cam late in evening!! on two PC's!! and two Conax cams.!!

I spend all my spare time for 6 days to try to find out what had happend.. including adjusting parabolic antennas on the roof in heavy rain,total reinstall of DVBViewer, several times during the week, NOTHING helped..I got 7000 grey hairs.. no..82,000

-and then I came home Friday the 9th of December from work, and turned on the old PC and all HD channels worked, well ALL channels worked again... then I turned on the New PC and also there all channels worked again.

I just sat and stared on Discovery HD and expected it to dissapear again, anytime.. but it didn't, it's still there..

I can't explain what happened, or what went wrong for 6 days.... but something did, THAT's for sure..

And the CAM? it showed all subscriptions where valid till end of December, (minus Thursday evening late, when the cam dissapeared totally)

My theory is that Canal Digital have some problems in changing their subscriptions, maybe in connection with a major change in January?, or a (future??)change to CI+ ?

It's only a theory, ... I can't explain what happend, but something did happen, I have, like you, seen Canal+ for years on the old PC, same set-up, and no problems, only TT S2-+3200 driver problems in 2009, also in december by the way :), but that was to explain.. I have never experienced anything like this..

Only difference is that I one week before the problems had re-installed the old PC and installed a new PC, both worked for about a week or so before the problems began..

IF it is Canal+ I serious blame them for wasting my time, when I called them, they claimed they had no technical problems at all or was changing any subscriptions,

If not Canal+, then I would like to know what went wrong then.. SERIOUSLY!!

..and also would like to know how it could be solved all by itself, with two turned off PC's between midnight Thursday and 3PM Friday...

this is not much help I know... but.. maybe all channels comes back soon all by them self.. :unsure:

:)

Forgot to tell: It is the same problem, when trying to watch unencrypted channels, like BBC World News

I had not problems with BBC world News, but the channels I could not see had signal level 0% on some dissapeared channels, others where swinging up and down, others had signal but many lost packets in Trans Edit.

that goes also for DR1, when it dissapeared, signal level zero, and at the same time DR2 had signal level 72 on the new PC and 65 on the old, really strange!!

..if it was ok before, you must have changed something. I suspect that your firedtv-s2 is getting the entire mux which is too much for this card on some of the 1W transponders. Uncheck -> "open whole transponder" in the hardware settings (of the recording service).

No, it is not the cause. As i wrote, it has been working for years and "open whole transponder" is unchecked, and S2 is checked

I haven't changed anything. I newer touch my TV server, because i believe in "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved:-)

My SAT finder showed fine signal, but still no channels

Then i bought a Multiroom solution from Canal Digital. This includes a reciever, a Quad LNB and a new CA card. This way i could test all three levels.

Connected reciever to excisting LNB. Signal quality 2%. Entered the roof, and found out that the dish was misaligned, pointing to wrong sattelite. Therefore fine signal with SAT finder. Aligned the dish to correct sattelite, an now everthing works fine